I'll Teach You - Ch. 8

"The assignment is finally done." Evan said as he finished saving the document.

Evan and Felix were at Felix's house, due to the Braille typewriter which is fairly too big to carry around, more than his laptop on his backpack.

"Nice, and we have 2 days to spare." Felix said, optimistic.

"So..." Evan was about to say when Felix's door opened.

Behind the door was Felix's dad, who just arrived from work and from picking up Ryan from school, his younger brother, who was probably already in his room.

"Oh, I didn't know you brought another friend, Felix." His father said, surprised.

"Oh, hello, I'm Evan Ford, friend of your son and Charlotte, uh, nice to meet you." Evan introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you Evan, it's good Felix gets more friends, and actually a boy this time." Felix's dad said.

"It's been just Charlie and I for as long as I can remember, her family usually comes for dinner parties and all." Felix explained.

"Huh, it's an honor, I-i guess." Evan mentioned, stuttering for some reason.

"I'll make dinner a while later, you can stay if you want." Felix's dad said.

"Thank you Mr. Parks." Evan thanked.

He left and closed the door.

"He's just so nice with visits, you wouldn't like to meet him when I do something as simple as just trip with the sofa, he almost wants to get an ambulance."

"Is that so?" Evan asked.

"Yes, he's overprotective... He's afraid to lose me and my brother, since our mom... Passed away when I was 10 and my brother 6."

"Oh, I'm really sorry Felix, I didn't know."

"It's fine really, it's been long enough, but I still miss her..." Felix said, visibly nostalgic.

Evan didn't say anything, he just hugged Felix, and Felix really needed it.

"Let's talk about anything else, please." Felix said as he wiped his eyes.

"I know, I'll put on some music that I like, to see if you like it too, alright?" Evan proposed, as he searched for a song on his playlist.

"Alright, let's listen to this song."

Evan played a song, which heard like a really rapid piano melody, and some background noise, then someone singing lyrics.

"What's the name? It's actually really beautiful." Felix asked, intrigued.

"golden hour, by JVKE, it's one of my favorite songs. It makes me want to dance in my seat all day." Evan said, closed eyes and vibing to the melody.

"Impressive." Felix said and then joined Evan in his little dance.

"Hey, come on, let's dance!"

"I don't know how to dance..." Felix said, with a small chuckle.

"I'll teach you, alright?"

Evan helped Felix get up and tried to instruct him in the classic waltz, they were having fun.

"Am i doing it fine?" Felix asked, intrigued, he had his hand on Evan's, and the other on his shoulder, they followed one step back, one to the right, one to the front, left and repeat.

"This is the fun part, you have to help me spin." Evan instructed.

"Spin? Like this?" Felix reached out and lifted his hand, giving Evan the chance to spin, as he said.

"That's the whole thing for Waltz dancing! You're a quick learner!" Evan congratulated.

The music was over, they were still in position, not moving, there was some sort of tension around.

"T-That was fine, thank you for teaching me, Evan." Felix let go and sat on his bed.

"... Hey, I've heard from my sister that there's going to be a lunar eclipse later tonight, and I know where's a good place to watch it, do you want to w- Oh." Evan knew he messed up.

"Yes Evan, we're going to watch the eclipse, logically." Evan said to himself, sarcastically.

"Let's go! I want to be there!"

"Really?"

"Yes, when is it?"

"Tonight, at 1 am."

"Oh, There's no way my dad's gonna let me..." Felix said, saddened.

"You could sneak out." Evan suggested.

"You know what, I'll sneak out with you, to watch the eclipse."

"Great, I'll pick you up at 12:30 am!" Evan said, excited.

"Now, we should have dinner with my dad." Felix reminded.

"Alright, let's do this..."