Wake Up - Ch. 7

Felix found himself looking under his desk at night, searching for the jacket that Evan left the other day in there.

He found it under the chair, Evan put it on the chair, the jacket slipped under it, so it was easy to overlook.

Something left Felix thinking as he grabbed the jacket, though.

He wondered for a minute, then unconsciously put it on his nose, smelling what would be Evan’s scent, he didn't really pay attention to what he was doing.

It was reminiscent of a certain cologne, which was weirdly enticing for him. Felix dropped on his bed, he put the jacket in a way like it was giving him a hug, a warm hug.

Felix soon fell asleep, imagining he was hugging Evan.

- - • • • - -

In his dream, Felix could make out a face, which was weirdly reminiscent, he associated it with Charlie, they were having a picnic as kids in a park.

“This is great, it was nice of you to put this together!” Charlie said, thanking Felix.

“It was easy, actually.”

“We should’ve done this before! A peaceful summer afternoon, it's good.” Charlie described.

“If only I could know what this feels like.” Felix said, saddened.

“Your condition never stopped you from doing anything before, it's wonderful, you’re wonderful.” Charlie complimented.

“Aw, thanks Char.”

“No wonder you and Evan make such a good couple! You’ve stood up to those guys back at school, together, now everyone understands you guys.” Charlie reminded

“Me and Evan what? Who’s Evan?” Felix, based on the memories of this dream that are from when they were in middle school, said confused.

“You know, you’re the cutest couple in the whole school, everyone loves you!” Charlie elaborated.

“But that's a fantasy isn't it? In a reality when everything magically solves itself.” Charlie said, emotionless.

Felix just sat still, shocked.

“It's that what you want? A cute story without problems? You have to wake up Felix.”

- - • • • - -

Felix woke up by his alarm, scared, he threw the jacket to the ground in a rapid movement.

“It's just a fantasy… It doesn't mean anything.” Felix reassured himself.

He prepared himself for school, as every day.