Love Story - Ch. 5

"He told you he's bisexual?" Charlie asked, incredulous.

"Apparently so, it did surprise me too." Felix admitted.

"But, honestly, why do you mind so much? It's not like Evan’s sexuality affects you whatsoever." Charlie said, curious indeed.

Both of them were sitting on Charlie's bed, just hanging out like usual. Charlie had a book on her lap she was reading, Felix was stimming with his fingers.

"I don't know, it's just weird, but being LGBT has nothing weird, so i'm the weird one." Felix explained, starting to ramble on.

"I don't even know how a guy looks, so I just compare voices. I kinda like the sound of a guy's voice. I guess Evan has a high-pitched one, but I don't really know the whole deal… Forgive me if I'm weird." Felix rambled.

"Alright, let's change the topic if it's uncomfortable for you."

"Yes please, I'm rambling again." Felix sald and flopped back on the bed. Charlie flopped back too, to follow.

- - • • • - -

“Just imagine living in a love story.” Evan told Felix.

“A love story? I mean we all want to find love, I suppose.” Felix said.

“I wish i was in one, that person that loves you, no matter what, we fight to make our love true, the slow burn… It would be wonderful.”

“You’d also like the uncertainty and the pining?”

“I mean, it's kinda unavoidable.”

Both of them were in front of their lockers, Evan was storing some books in there.

“I guess if I was in a love story it would be really boring.” Felix said, curiously breaking the fourth wall that i’m currently narrating.

“Why do you think of it like that?” Evan asked as he closed the locker

“My life’s so plain, your typical introvert guy, who happens to be overprotected by his dad.”

“You never told me that your dad overprotected you.”

“Oh, yes, since I was born he treats me like i’m two seconds away from dying.”

“Is it that bad?” Evan asked, leaning on his locker.

“I’ve never gone to a party, like ever..”

Felix sighed, and started stimming with his fingers.

“It's not like I've ever needed to do anything else… But I feel like I'm missing out.” Felix said, remorseful.

“That sounds horrible, you deserve your own happiness, and let me tell you, you deserve your love story.” Evan reassured.

“I sure hope, many people avoid me, they think I'm weird or something.” Felix said, as he crossed his arms.

“I don’t think you’re weird, I think you're pretty cool.” Evan complimented.

Something happened to Felix, he could feel his heart beating strongly, he didn't pay attention to it.

“Thanks, I wish everyone was like you, understanding.”

“I’m here for that, now come on, it's nearly time for Math class, and my math aint mathing.”

“Sure, let 's go Ev.” Felix said as he grabbed Evan’s arm

“Wait.” Felix mumbled as he swapped to Evan's right arm.

“Ready? Let 's go.”  Evan said as they began to walk towards their class