In Love - Ch. 14

Felix never thought to fall in love with Evan, it's not what he imagined, all of that waiting, the whole thing with love stories, did it really lead up to this?

Felix knew it was something else, something that people usually don't accept, and he'd have to put himself through it, because the heart's not lying.

If he wanted to solve this mystery in his mind, he'd have to talk with Charlie.

- - • • • - -

He called Charlie, asking her if she wanted to come over and hang out for a while, to which she accepted.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Charlie broke the silence, after coming to his house in a 3 minute walk.

"I thought we'd just talk." Felix admitted.

"I thought you had something prepared!" Charlie claimed.

"Right, right, i should've made up another excuse."

"Maybe you can show me your progress on that story you've been writing." Charlie said, trying to convince Felix.

"Well... It's still half-done." Felix confessed.

Felix sat on his desk, in which the manuscript was sitting beside his typewriter, a pile of at least 32 pages.

"I'm a slow worker, you know." Felix said.

"Huh, that doesn't look like half done, that's a lot."

"You know braille is way bigger than normal writting, that would be like, 14 pages on a document."

"Anyway, what kind of story is it?" Charlie asked, curiously.

"It's a mix of a fantastic world with a forbidden romance, a magic romeo and juliet sort of situation." Felix explained.

"Interesting." Charlie said, intrigued.

"What's so forbidden about it?" Charlie asked.

"It's... The main characters are separated by their species, completely different star-crossed lovers."

"I'll be your first reader."

"Not quite yet, it's still not done as i said."

Felix had deviated from his original purpose, and he knew he had to focus.

"So, uh... There's actually a reason i told you to come." Felix said as he spun himself around in the chair, to be facing where Charlie's voice came from.

"Such a mystery, i knew you had something going on, tell me." Charlie said mockingly, then sat with a straight face.

"Well, it's a bit complicated..." Felix rambled on.

"I'm sure it's not, i'll know how to react." Charlie mentioned, seriously.

"I feel like i'm in love with Evan." Felix said, stimming with his fingers repeatedly.

Charlie didn't speak for 2 seconds, Felix made up horrible scenarios in his mind. Whispers filling his head with terrible thoughts, until she broke out of the silence.

"Sorry, i was screeching in excitement in my mind, i kinda... figured it out, before..." Charlie confessed.

"Huh? How so?" Felix asked, shocked.

"You aren't as discreet as you may think, you've been obsessed with him since he got here, and i know my bestie." Charlie explained, coherently to be honest.

"I thought you were gonna freak out." Felix said, through goosebumps.

Charlie sighed, and reached out, giving Felix a hug.

"I'd never, thank you for telling me." Charlie said in a low voice, holding Felix's chin on her shoulder.

They separated from the hug, Felix sitting back on his desk chair.

"... So, you could say i'm... Gay?" Felix confessed, a bit confused for that matter.

"I mean, do you remember that time in middle school? When that girl Maddie tried to get your number? You never really seemed interested." Charlie told.

"I think i've never been that into women, i guess." Felix said.

"Most likely." Charlie confirmed.

"So yeah, that's okay with me." Felix mentioned, a bit more sure about himself.

"How are you gonna confess to Evan?" Charlie asked, curious.

Felix didn't think about that, really.

"Uh... You could write him a letter." Charlie suggested, touching her chin with her hand.

"That's not an awful idea." Felix noted.

"I can help you." Charlie offered.

"I need to be alone to do it." Felix claimed.

"Alright, take your time." Charlie said, playfully.

Felix needed the right words, and at the right moment, it all could go wrong or right, it's an important moment, and he needed to be sure of it.