chapter 132

VIVIAN WOKE UP IN SO MUCH PAIN.

It was dark outside, and it was so loud. There was groans and snarls coming from the street, it reminded her of the prison.

She felt a weight on her opposite side of the pain and spotted blonde hair pressing against her torso. It was Liam.

She moved slightly, trying not to wake him up and also trying not to cry in pain. Once Vivian made sure he was comfortable, she made her way over to the window.

Vivian almost gasped out loud, but instead covered her mouth in horror. Hundreds of walkers were outside the house.

Where was everyone? Were they dead?

She held her side, attempting to keep herself steady as she took the steps one by one.

It was dark inside the house, except for the small lamp on Denise's desk, where she laid her head down on, sleeping.

She even spotted Debbie sleeping on one of the beds.

Vivian glanced around and there was another light on in one of the bedrooms. She padded over to the doorway and held in a gasp at the sight of the boy in the bed.

Carl laid there, his skin blending in with the white sheets. Over his right eye was a bloody bandage.

She walked in and stood by his bedside, brushing his hair away from his sweaty forehead, 

What happened while she was out? Did this happen while she was trying to get to him? Did those people get to him?

Ignoring the pain in her side, Vivian crawled into bed, trying not to jostle Carl too much. She stayed above the sheets, running her fingers through his long hair,

"I'm sorry." She whispered, her voice breaking as tears stung at her eyes.

She failed Lori, she failed Rick. Vivian was supposed to protect Carl, and now, here he is, in bed missing his eye.

It was all her fault.

Outside, Marcie and Maggie began to panic. There were too many walkers below them, reaching for them, and the platform began to shake. If it continued, they'd plunge into the horde below. There was no way they'd survive that.

And Marcie couldn't let that happen, not with Maggie next to her, not after finding out Glenn was alive and she was pregnant.

They heard gunshots close by and looked down to see Glenn running through the crowd, shooting the walkers.

"Glenn!" Maggie screamed,

But it worked. The rotters below began to turn towards him, and left the platform alone.

Enid climbed up to join them and they watched as the walkers began to surround Glenn, pinning him to the wall, "No!" Maggie screamed, "Glenn!"

Marcie wrapped her arms around Maggie and the two gasped as silence gunshots pierced the walkers around him.

She looked up to see Sasha and Abraham on the wall, guns raised.

"Can you get the gate?" Abraham asked after all the walkers were down, "Appreciate it, pal."

"Daryl." Marcie gasped, letting go of Maggie and glancing over the wall to see the large gas truck on the other side.

Glenn opened the gate and the truck pulled in, stopping next to the platform to get the three girls down. 

Marcie made sure Maggie was stable before jumping off the truck. She ran over to the driver's side door and Daryl rolled down the window.

She climbed up and clung onto the door with one hand and used the other to drag Daryl's face to hers. She pressed a bruising kiss to his lips before pulling away, "Thank god you're here." She smiled,

"Get in." He grunted.

She climbed into the truck, shuffling over Daryl's lap to sit in the middle seat with Glenn on the other side of her, while the others stood on the back. Daryl drove the truck to the lake in the middle of Alexandria before they all got out.

They kept the walkers away, stabbing any of them that got close, while Daryl released the gas into the lake. 

Marcie stayed near Maggie, watching her back as they waited for Daryl to finish out his plan.

A blaze of fire lit up behind her. Flames grew on the water, creating a distraction for the rotters. 

Marcie lowered her knife and rushed over to the truck, climbing up to stand next to Daryl.

"Everything's gonna be okay." Marcie sighed,

Daryl glanced down at her and nodded, "Let's end this."

The two jumped down from the truck and began to help the others take out the rest of the horde, those that weren't burning in the lake.

Guess they couldn't use that water anymore.

A few hours later, when the sun began to rise, Vivian was woken up by Rick. While he was glad to see her out of her bed, he knew the both of them needed to rest.

He brushed her messy hair away from her face, "Hey." He whispered softly, kneeling down to her level,

More tears filled her eyes and she let out a small sob. Rick moved forward to wrap his arms around her and she cried into his shoulder, despite the stabbing pain in her torso.

"I'm sorry." She whimpered.

Rick shushed her and stroked her hair, trying to comfort both himself and Vivian, "C'mon, let's get you back to bed." He mumbled lowly, trying not to wake Carl.

He wrapped his hands under her thighs and lifted her into his arms. She clung to his torso and buried her face into his neck as he brought her to the other bed in the room.

Rick gently laid her down and Vivian clung to his bloody t-shirt, "Don't leave me." She whispered.

He stared down at her for a moment before stripping off his t-shirt, not wanting to get the white sheets bloody. Rick slid under the blankets and let Vivian curl up next to him,

"Was it..." Vivian hiccuped, "Was it the men-"

"No." Rick brushed her hair behind her ear, "No, it was someone else. Sleep, Viv, we'll talk about it in the morning." She stared up at him with her large brown eyes. Rick moved his hand from her hair to her cheek, sweeping away the tear stains, "Everything's okay." He whispered, before leaning down and kissing her gently, "Everything's okay, now."