chapter 29

MARCIE AND DARYL WERE OUT FOR HOURS SEARCHING FOR SOPHIA.

They searched the area near the ravine where Daryl had injured himself, looking for clues or anything that could lead to the little girl.

But they found nothing. 

As they were heading back towards the farm, Marcie smiled as they came across a pond near the farm.

"What?" Daryl asked, spotting the grin on her face,

"Look." Marcie pointed at the bushes that lined the pond, filled with white flowers, "It's beautiful, isn't it?" The redneck hummed and Marcie rolled her eyes at his disinterest, "It's a sign, don't you think?" She slid off the horse and went to one of the bushes, plucking the Cherokee Rose and smelling it, "I think you should show Carol."

"Why?" Daryl grunted,

"Because she's loosing hope right now. Shane's little outburst this morning certainly didn't help. She needs to know that someone is still looking for her daughter." Marcie replied, walking back over to the horse and holding the flower up for Daryl to take.

He gently took the stem of the flower from her fingers and twirled it between his thumb and index finger, "Maybe." He mumbled,

 Marcie rolled her eyes and brought the horse over to a fallen tree, using it as a step stool to help her up. She slid on in front of Daryl and flicked the reins, "Let's go."

After they got back to the farm, Daryl went to go find Carol and show her the flowers. Marcie went to put the horse back in the stable and wandered back to the camp.

The group was gathered around the Greene's porch, either playing a game or reading. Vivian was sitting on the swing, Liam in her lap as they read a kids book. Marcie walked over and sat down next to them, "Where is everyone?"

"Andrea and T-Dog at the barn keeping watch, Shane went to look for Dale, Rick is off with Jimmy and Hershel, and I think Carol went somewhere with Daryl." Vivian answered, "Did you find anything?"

Marcie shook her head, "Nope."

T-Dog and Andrea approached the group, "Do you know what's going on?"

"Where is everyone?"

Glenn stood, "You haven't seen Rick?"

"He went off with Hershel. We were supposed to leave a couple hours ago." Andrea answered,