chapter 47

MARCIE WAS BLINDFOLDED AS SHE WAS BROUGHT TO THE CAMP.

Once they were there, the three of them were brought to a medical room of sorts to get checked out for bites before they worked on Andrea.

Marcie was still trying to get over the fact that she found Merle, after all those months. And all she wanted to do was run to Daryl to tell him.

But she didn't know where he was either.

"Why are we being held here?" The sick woman asked the doctor, "We want to leave."

"You're not well enough." The doctor told her, "And it's dark. You should stay the night."

"Where are we?"

The woman glanced towards the guard at the door before looking back at the blonde, "That's not for me to say."

"Cryptic." Marcie mumbled towards Michonne.

It was a clear red flag.

"He'll talk to you." The woman continued,

"Who?"

Merle walked through the door, "Go check on your patient, doc." The woman left the room and he glanced at Marcie and Andrea, "Bet you were wondering if I was real." He grabbed a chair to sit down, "Probably hoping I wasn't. Well, here I am." He chuckled, "I guess this old world gets a little smaller toward the end, huh? Ain't so many of us left to share the air, right?"

Marcie was a bit nervous. She and Andrea were part of the group that left him behind on the roof, that caused him to cut off his hand. Would he take revenge?

"You know, when they found me, I was near bled out. Starving. Thinking to myself a bullet might make a good last meal. Take myself a nice long nap after. Wait for Daryl on the other side." Merle stared at them, "You seen my brother?"

She kept the tears at bay while Andrea shook her head, "Not for a long time."

"Makes three of us."

"He went back for you." Marcie whispered and Merle's eyes turned to her, "A lot of us did. But you were already gone."

Merle showed us his metal arm, "Well, not all of me." He revealed his stump underneath the metal and Marcie was quick to look away. He chuckled, "Yeah, Rick. He's that prick that cuffed me to the rooftop.

He did that all on his own. With his attitude and his teamwork skills.

"Yeah." Andrea sighed, "He tried. Daryl saw that."

"He's always been the sweet one, my baby brother." Merle commented,

Marcie couldn't help but remember back to when she had first met Daryl. How intimidating and harsh he was. Merle considered him sweet?