chapter 82

MARCIE GRUNTED AS SHE DRAGGED ONE OF THE ROTTING BODIES TOWARDS THE JEEP.

She wanted the courtyard cleared before everyone was healthy enough to leave their cells. The last thing they needed to see was broken fences and dead bodies everywhere.

A lot of people had died while she and the others were on the run. None of the kids, thank goodness, but a lot of the older ones who were sick.

They needed to rebuild. It was going to take a while, but they could do it.

Rick approached Marcie, who was standing on the trailer with bodies around her, "You need any help?"

Marcie wiped the sweat from her brows, "Nah, go do your farmer thing." She motioned over to Michonne, "I've got all the help I need."

He gave her a nod before walking down the path towards his garden, with Carl running behind him.

The pick up pulled up past the Jeep, Daryl hopping out of the driver's seat. He spoke to Hershel for a moment before turning to Marcie, who just finished helping Michonne put another body onto the trailer.

She gave him a small smile, along with a salute. He nodded towards her with a smirk one his face before walking towards the prison.

"You headin' out?" Hershel asked the two women as he approached,

"You want to come?" Michonne replied,

"Hell yeah."

Marcie jumped off the trailer. She thinks Hershel needed a break. From what she heard, he was in A Block the entire time, keeping people alive, putting people down.

He needed to get outside the fences for a bit. Marcie understood.

So she let him sit in the passenger seat while she climbed into the back, checking the bullets in her gun before Michonne drove out of the gates.

Vivian sat in the grass, a blanket laid out next to her for Liam and Judith to play on. Beth was next to her, making a flower crown as she recounted what had happened with her the last few days.

She glanced over to see Rick and Carl working on their garden. Rick had created a balance for himself. She was proud of him. And Carl.

"You deserve a break." Beth stated,

Vivian looked back over at the blonde, "What?"

"You've been with Judith and Liam nonstop for, like, three days now." Beth reasoned, "You should go on a run or something."