chapter 32

The sterile hospital room buzzed with the soft hum of fluorescent lights, casting an eerie glow on Y/n's face as she lay in bed. Despite the occasional visitor bringing flowers and well-wishes, she remained a prisoner of her thoughts, the weight of her actions pressing down on her.

Meanwhile, on the outside, the media frenzy intensified as the news of Y/n's situation spread like wildfire. Reporters camped outside the hospital, hungry for any glimpse of the girl whose story had captured the public's attention. The hospital staff, in an attempt to shield her from the relentless intrusion, enforced strict security measures.

Inside, Y/n's aunt Lina and her cousin Almia, the embodiment of exuberance, burst through the door with laughter trailing behind them. Their vibrant energy clashed with the somber atmosphere, creating a whirlwind of noise that enveloped the room.

"Sweetie, we brought your favorite snacks! And look at these cute magazines!" Lina exclaimed, her eyes scanning the room for any sign of joy from her niece.

Almia, with her infectious enthusiasm, chimed in, "You won't believe the headlines out there! 'Mystery Surrounds the Girl Who Captured Bakugo's Heart.' They've practically made you a celebrity!"

Y/n managed a half-hearted smile, grateful for their attempt to lift her spirits. Yet, their well-intentioned gestures felt like bandages on wounds that ran much deeper. She yearned for a reprieve from the external chaos and a chance to confront the shadows lurking within.

As her aunt and cousin continued their animated banter, the door creaked open, and a familiar figure stepped into the room – Katsuki Bakugo. His usual confident demeanor masked a subtle vulnerability as he navigated the crowded space. The glint of concern in his crimson eyes betrayed the turmoil within.

Ignoring the intrusive presence of the media, Bakugo approached Y/n's bedside with a quiet determination. His gaze locked onto hers, conveying a silent understanding that surpassed the superficial layers of the chaos surrounding them.

"Hey," he uttered, the word weighted with unspoken emotions.

Y/n's eyes met Bakugo's, and in that shared moment, the world outside faded into the background. His presence, a stark contrast to the bustling room, offered a sanctuary where she could momentarily escape the noise.

In a whispered conversation that cut through the chaos, Bakugo expressed his worries and shared his determination to be there for her. He acknowledged the challenges they faced, both individually and as a budding couple, yet his commitment remained unwavering.

As the shadows of doubt and despair loomed, Bakugo became the flicker of light in Y/n's stormy existence. In his eyes, she found an anchor, a source of strength that transcended the tumultuous external forces. And in that fragile moment, as they navigated the shadows together, a subtle warmth blossomed – a promise of resilience and hope in the face of adversity.