Chapter 70 - Relationship Status: Together

Start from the beginning

What if it doesn't work? What if he started dusting right here and now? But who could tell? This was a leap of faith and Fresh had gone this far just for him. Geno wasn't going to waste his brother's efforts. The eldest wanted to live just so he could continue protecting and loving his family. With a deep breath, the skeleton met the handshake tightly.

Ink himself had his own nervousness but this wasn't the time for that. He had done it countless times before. One deep breath and he let his magic reach the other skeleton. The green hue became visible as it swirled and danced from their touching phalanges then traveled to Geno's arm. It crawled like vines being so mesmerizing with its subtle dance in the air. It sent ripples of magic to the air causing small bursts of wind around Ink and Geno. The emerald magic touched Geno's damaged soul lightly. Then slowly recreating the foreign magic to match the eldest royal's.

Geno's soul was unintentionally summoned from its safe confines behind his rib cage. It caused Fresh to move closer to his brother and Reaper right next to his lover just to protect him in case an attack came from any sides. Error felt the ripples of magic from his intertwined hands with the artist. He reached out with his magic to give the other some small push to avoid the Guardian of Creation from running out.

Everyone's breaths were held back from that moment until the wisps of healing magic died down leaving behind a soul back in its original inverted heart shape. A complete difference from its measly shard. Geno had taken off the bandage on his eye socket and from there, a completely intact skull was present and a working eye light. Error supported Ink as he leaned on the destroyer and just watched the pure happiness and hope were on everybody's faces. Geno looked at them with tears as he walked closer to them before engulfing the guardians in a tight hug.

"I am forever in debt to you... Trust me to never forget our arrangement," Geno whispered to the two of them. When the skeleton pulled away, he gave them a soft smile. "Travel home safely."

The two guardians then pulled out their respective half of the orb. It looked just as magnificent as they first saw it. A faint thrum of magic radiated as if sensing its other half. Their eye lights met and Ink gave a nervous smile.

"Well, it's now or never..."

Error returned his smile with a chuckle before slowly letting the two halves meet.

Closer and closer.

---...---

"I don't think they should be here. Blue said-"

"I'm not giving a fucking damn what Blue thinks. I am not going to waste my time craning my neck to the other end of the hallway just to make sure I'm not going to chase two chaotic idiots across our dying multiverse again just a few hours after."

With that, the argument of whether Ink and Fourth should be in the same room, has come to a close. Said two were currently sitting on separate chairs. Equal in height and quality. Ink's earlier effort to sit on the ground was met with his Master hoisting him to the other chair before letting go and cursing himself. At least, Ink hoped he wasn't the one whose ire was directed to. Master didn't seem to want him on the floor and so he wouldn't. Ink didn't like it when Fourth was having his fits.

They sat in silence as the twin brothers scooted to the far corner of the room to have their whispered argument. Ink's gaze remained on the floor. He was uncomfortable being surrounded by the King, First, and Fourth in the same room and having a tension as thick as castle walls. His earlier talk with... Blue brought him comfort and that spark of emotions back. He wanted to indulge himself to it until he had to suppress it once they returned to Atalante.

"Ink," his Master's voice brought him out of his trance. A belated wonder sparked in him when he realized that the skeleton used his name. His true name. "Look at me."