Chapter 42

Just yesterday I figured out how to fix my wattpad notifications, and somehow I feel like I'm gonna want them broken where I'm not getting them again once you guys start mass commenting 💀 because between me blowing 1000ish people up with update notifications, the 50ish people that actively comment are gonna blow me up and slam me down the gutter 😂

***

I never realized how hard it was to spend money on useless things until now, when I barely managed to find even a thousand dollars worth of stuff to blow money on that would actually be useful.

That, or Hyunjin came back pretty quickly.

Because when he entered the room, I had just finished a transaction worth a few hundred dollars. And right then, Hyunjin's phone dinged as he paused in the doorway.

He pulled out his phone and frowned at it, before he glanced at me.

"You had a card with millions of dollars on it and you spent only eight hundred dollars?"

"It's not easy." I grumbled. "I'm not used to spending so much money."

"Well get used to it. You have a rich mate." He grumbled as he approached me. "I still have some stuff to do here, so we aren't going home yet." He said as he scooped me up out of his chair, before he sat down and laid me in his lap.

I huffed at him as I laid my head on his shoulder, nuzzling my face into his neck. "I don't care. Just don't run away from me anymore."

"I don't intend to." He said as he pulled us closer to the desk. "Here, look." He said as he held up his phone to show me. I scrunched my nose at his phone, but obediently looked.

"What is it?" I asked as I sat up and straddled his thigh to observe his phone screen.

"This is the employee clock in app. Since you're here and have time to waste, I want you to do some training. Videos and stuff, so we can get you working. Okay?"

I huffed at him. "Can't I just be your sugar baby?"

"You could. But only if you marry me." He said, sticking his tongue out at me. "And I don't want to have done the hiring process with you for nothing. So do the training." He said as he took my hand and placed his phone in it.

"You're just gonna give me your phone?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Like you haven't seen what I was hiding anyway." He mumbled as he wrapped his arm around my waist and started to bounce me on his leg as he used his other hand to sort the papers on his desk.

"True." I mumbled with a little smile. I purred softly as he bounced me, finding it surprisingly soothing. "So..." I leaned back against his chest as I didn't even try to hide it as I opened his contacts to check them for potential rivals.

"So?" He repeated as he glanced at his open contacts, but didn't seem to care as I checked his messages with each person I checked.

"Are you gonna talk to me? About everything yet?" I asked as I turned my head to give him a hopeful smile.

"When we get home." He mumbled, shaking his head with a sigh. "Don't mention it again. I'm still mad."

"Yeah?" I purred. "I don't care, considering you clawed the shit out of me awhile ago." I said, pointing out the dried blood on my wrists.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled as he gently grabbed the back of one of my wrists and kissed close to the scratches. "Tell you what. Since I hurt you, babe, tell me whatever you want and I'll get it for you. Or do it, whatever you ask for. Can that make up for it?" He asked as he was reaching for a drawer to his desk and pulled out some alcohol wipes and bandaids, surprisingly cute baby chick ones that I wouldn't have expected from the alpha. He blew some cold air onto the scratches before he opened the alcohol wipes, and with a kiss to distract me, he gently wiped away the blood and cleaned the scratches up. I whimpered against his lips and shook a bit as I tried retracting my wrists, but got a gentle smack on my thigh to behave. He distracted me with all kinds of affection as he fixed up my wrists with the cute bandaids, before he just barely pressed a little kiss onto the bandaid.