Chapter 41

I'm mass uploading, so make sure you aren't missing any chapters. I started at like chapter 30.

***

~Felix's POV~

It became apparent pretty quickly that Hyunjin wasn't gonna come back.

And I was mad.

And desperate.

And...

Maybe I went up to his building?

...

I now stood at the reception of his giant corporate with some of the paperwork I had regarding Hyunjin hiring me. I had found it in his room as I rummaged around a bit, trying to find anything that might lead me to him. Now, I was hoping that they would let me by so I could get up to his office.

Frankly?

It was going better than I expected.

Apparently, not too long ago, Hyunjin had notified them and already had a badge made for me. They were just trying to find it. I guess...I was legally hired on as his secretary now. And I guess I could excuse this as my first day?

I hoped that the suit I wore helped it to be believable that I was here for work, as well. I thanked all the fucks left in the world that Hyunjin had bought me those suits before everything went to shit, because I actually looked like I belonged here. Among people that looked pretty dang well off themselves.

"Here you go!" One of the receptionists said, pulling me abruptly out of my thoughts as she held a badge out to me. "Mr. Hwang wanted you to use his elevator every time that you came, so your badge will only scan for his elevator right now. Just press the back barcode onto the sensor, okay? It should already be unlocked, since he's here today. Do you know how to get there?"

"Oh--" I mumbled. "Yes ma'am." I nodded quickly as I took the badge. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." She said with a smile, before she went back to her work pretty quickly. Leaving me to find my way up to Hyunjin's office.

Which turned out to be pretty easy.

I didn't even bother knocking on the door of his office. I went right inside--and instantly regretted it, when I walked in as he was in the middle of talking to a woman.

And instantly, I also felt jealous.

Both because he was alone with a woman, and--

Kinda because of her clothes. Because she got to wear the pencil skirt and low cut blouse I could only wish to wear in public.

Hyunjin looked shocked by my sudden presence. Meanwhile, the woman looked confused--and embarrassed. And it was then that I realized her blouse wasn't low cut.

She'd been unbuttoning it.

"Ah..." She looked at Hyunjin awkwardly. "Should I give you the report later, sir?"

"No." He said quickly, waving her off. "Send someone else. I don't want to see you again. Understand?" He said with a shake of his head. She looked shocked at him, but nodded obediently. She buttoned her blouse back up, especially when she became hyper aware of me. As she came close, I scented out that she was a beta.

I couldn't hold down my snarl at her as she passed by me to leave. A surprisingly menacing one, considering my omega genes. She looked surprised at me like she didn't know why I was growling at her, but kept walking. Shutting the door behind her, and leaving Hyunjin and I alone.

And as soon as we were alone, I looked over at him with my meanest death glare I could muster. Stalking over to his desk, grabbing the closest stack of papers available, and repeatedly hitting him on the head with it.