Chapter 29

Thank you for 39k on Jan. 15th and 40k on Jan. 16th~❤️

I TRIED TO TAKE A CUTE PICTURE OF MY BOYS CUDDLING AND THAT MOTHERFUCKER NAMED GANDR DECIDED TO YAWN AND GET UP RIGHT WHEN I HIT THE BUTTON TO TAKE MY PICTURE! AND WHEN HE GOT UP, LOKI DID TOO! THESE FUCKING BITCHES!!!

I'm about to write the epilogue...

Honestly, I am very dissatisfied with this book's ending. But I can't tell if it's my usual 'I hate every damn thing I do' or if it's actually bad. And it's eating me alive. Because I know that my point of view and understanding of the book is gonna be vastly different from y'all's, as I am the one writing it. I can't tell if my criticisms are ever viable. And that drives me insane 😮‍💨 but, I don't think I'm gonna change it. Because while it may suck, or at least be rough, it turned out ending generally the way I wanted to. I just can't tell if it sucks ass or not. I guess I'll just wait until you guys see it 😅🥲

But anyway, enjoy the early chapter. Something tells me you'll enjoy it 👀

***

~Hyunjin's POV~

"So...what did you call me here for?"

"To talk."

.

.

.

"You're gonna have to elaborate more than that. How did you even get my number?" Chan asked with a sigh as I was quietly stirring a cup of coffee.

"I'm gathering my thoughts. The last thing I wanted to do was talk to you today."

"Likewise." Chan grumbled. "But you're the one that called me out. I have work in an hour, so let's make this quick."

I hummed my agreement, quirking my eyebrow a bit before I glanced up at him from where he sat on the other side of a booth in a coffee shop.

"I wanted to talk about Felix." I said simply.

"Okay? I'm not messing around with him anymore if that's what you're thinking. We went to high school together. You should know enough about me to know that I'm not the kind of guy to try and take someone else's mate."

"I do know that. But I don't care." I grumbled, eyeing him. "Not that you could compete with me anyway. But that's not what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Then what is it?" He asked, blatantly ignoring my jabs at him.

I sighed a bit, before I set down the spoon in my coffee mug and looked him in his eyes.

"Do you have any security camera footage in your apartment?"

"Is that any of your business?" He asked with a scoff.

"Yes."

"No."

"I can make it my business." I growled. "If you don't have security cameras, then do you have any recent hospital bills?"

"Why do you care about my trips to the hospital?" Chan grumbled.

"Evidence." I grumbled.

"For what? Are you trying to sue me for some shit? I never hurt Felix. What bone do you have to pick with me?"

"I have plenty of bones to pick with you." I snarled under my breath. "Crushing on my mate being one of them. But what I'm asking for is for Felix's sake. It has nothing to do with you."