Chapter 18

Thank you for 20k on Dec. 22nd and 21k on Dec. 24th~❤️

Hyunjin's lips are so pretty 🥺

Almost forgot to update 😅

Merry Christmas, y'all~ Hope you've had a great holiday today~

P.S.: I'm sorry I can't do a double update. 🥲 I don't have enough chapters to do that for you guys.

***

Before I knew it, I had signed a contract with Hyunjin to be his secretary, and he just had to finish up some paperwork for me. Now, we were on our way to a restaurant he had shown me how to reserve. A simple one that didn't have a line to it, so we easily got a reservation and he taught me how to make one for the future.

That being said...

Dinner was actually extremely awkward.

Quiet, and mostly filled with us eating. Hyunjin hardly said anything to me, and didn't seem much for conversation either. After our talk about him courting me, the alpha seemed to build a wall around himself. Like he wasn't ready to go on with his own sudden decision.

And just like that...we were home.

And now, I was complaining about my day in my diary.

Day 17 of writing about Hyunjin hyung!

He's weird!!!!

I can't believe him! All this time, he was really looking at me like I was his?! And he had the audacity to never tell me?!

So I could have been trying to get to know him this whole time, and he could have been past this courting bit by now?!

Could we have been mates by today if I'd have known of this?!

I can't believe him!

...

That was all that I wrote in my diary. I ended up angrily tapping my pen on the paper, leaving a ton of dots on the next line down as I pouted. I was upset with how boringly our date had gone, and though I was happy to have gotten to spend my birthday with him, I was upset that he'd told me he was going to court me--and then basically friendzoned me with his courting method! I mean, what kind of alpha wants to be traditional? With no cuddling or kissing?! How are we supposed to know if we'll work out together if we don't do the little things like that?! I could've dealt with it if he said he didn't want to mate, but straight up saying he didn't want cuddles or kisses? What the hell!

Needless to say, I was pissed. And before I knew it, I was angrily throwing down my pen and jumping up to get ready for bed.

I have class tomorrow. I'll deal with Hyunjin after I survive the day tomorrow!

Jerk!

***

Hyunjin drove me to class the next day, which just irked me even more. Especially when he blatantly refused a goodbye peck on the cheek from me, putting his hand over my mouth and pushing me back with an annoyed expression when I tried. Making me annoyed that he wasn't even going to try and hide his uninterest in a peck on the cheek from me.

I was upset.

Rightful so, I would think.

Even now, as I sat in class before the professor had arrived and tapped my pen angrily again, I was still upset. Upset with my predicament, and extremely upset with Hyunjin.

I can't believe he wouldn't let me kiss his cheek. How petty is he about being traditional? That's so stupid...