Chapter 31: To Save or To Destroy

A cloud of smoke hovers over the farmlands in the distance. Carla and Chelia were currently making their way to said location as they quickened their pace after witnessing something massive earlier.

"That explosion of flames...that was Natsu was it?" Chelia fretted.

"It definitely was." Carla confirmed, flying right next to the girl. "Meaning he's locked in combat with someone...but Hahlos was already dealt with." The Exceed felt some sweat leave her forehead. "So who is he up against...?"

Chelia pointed up ahead. "I can see the place more clearly! Let's hurry!" She urged, now beginning to sprint.

Despite the smokey air, the two were able to clearly see the farmlands and the ranchers. Many of them were attempting to clear out the flames that plagued their homes and crops. Some were waving silk to blow it away while others used spare water to dowse it out. The two girls could overhear what they were saying about the events that transpired here.

"It's a miracle that no one here got burned by those flames..." A middle aged male angel commented as he swiped his forehead.

An Exceed gently picks up charred remains of wood as he lifts his head up, looking at the damaged home. "How dare he...attack our homes like that!"

"I wonder if god Izanagi went back to town to deal with the rest of those terrorists..." A female angel wondered. She glanced over towards the direction of town and noticed two individuals approaching the area. The angel noticed a girl without halo or wings and immediately pointed at her. "H-hey! Look over there!"

The ranchers quickly turned their heads and saw Chelia and Carla emerge inside the smokey area. The two girls examined the area, seeing the damaged area and distraught civilians that stared at them both.

"It's another land walker? She looks so young."

"How did they get past god Izanagi?"

"Don't stare! She'll notice you!"

The two girls immediately felt the uncomfortable atmosphere. The ranchers kept their distance and looked away from the two. But they showed signs of aggression with their expressions, to the point that if either of them approached any of them it wouldn't go well.

"Natsu was clearly here...but where did he run off too?" Carla noted, seeing the wreckage.

"They're mentioning their god...you don't think-" Chelia feared before abruptly stopping her train of thought. She saw the angel they first met here, Henry, sitting and laying his back on his damaged house. But she also spotted someone inside the house, she recognized the figure immediately and the pink haired girl's eyes lit up.

"Carla! Look!" Chelia got Carla's attention and pointed. "There she is!" The two saw Wendy laying her back inside the house, she appeared unharmed.

Carla widened her eyes before letting out a huge sigh of relief, seeing her dear friend looking okay. The Exceed immediately flew right inside as Chelia followed shortly behind. The door was already busted open as they entered and approached the bluenette.

As Carla landed on the wood floor, she spotted loose blue strands of hair right in front of her. The amount appeared enough to fill the missing twintail from Wendy's hair. At that moment, Carla had a sinking feeling in her stomach.

Chelia sat on her knees and gently got a hold of Wendy's shoulders as she slowly shook her. "Wendy! It's us! We're here to save you!" She beamed, trying to wake her.

As the God slayer shook her friend, she saw Wendy's head limp over to the side like a ragdoll. The excitement in Chelia's body quickly diminished as she felt that her friend's body was cold.