Chapter 19: Arya VS Twin Dragon Slayers

~~~Flashback~~~

The sound of the pouring rain below the feet of those who stood above it drowned out most noise currently outside. There was the occasional loud boom of thunder that caused the gray clouds to turn bright for a moment. Most people stayed inside during this kind of weather but in the middle of long empty cloudy fields next to a damaged stone bridge stood a group of humans with destroyed disguises and intensity written on their faces.

"Okay." Erza began as she pointed a sword towards the Exahelm castle. "We'll begin the rescue mission as soon as the sun comes up."

"During our information gathering from earlier, my group was able to find out that during their festival, a ceremony will be held mid-day." Jellal disclosed.

Gray stretched one arm and placed his hands in his pockets. "So, what's our plan then? They're going to have the whole place swarming with soldiers in no time."

"We wouldn't have much time on our hands..." Carla admitted. "There's still a lot we don't know about our enemy. And if Wendy is staying in the castle, it'll be heavily guarded."

"A heavily guarded area hasn't stopped us before!" Natsu smirked before smacking one fist on his palm.

Lucy pinched her nose. "We don't even know what magic all of them use you know..."

"With everything we know already, we are at a disadvantage." Jellal noted. "They know our faces and our magic. With the exception of Sting and Rogue here." He gestured his arm at the two.

Sting and Rogue both sat on the ground without saying a word. The two had their eyes closed while Sting was appearing to be in thought right now.

"In any case." Erza faced the group once more. "We need to do some recon. It won't be long until the soldiers and potentially the Tenhei start their search. If we can learn where their posts will be as well as their abilities then we can have a little more advantage if we're going to successfully complete this rescue mission." She explained.

"How can we sneak around though?" Happy wondered as he tilted his head. "Someone will most likely see us."

Erza softly smiled as she glanced over at The Shadow Dragon slayer, Rogue. In which he raised an eyebrow and looked up at the swordswoman. He was able to quickly make out what she was getting at.

"...So you want me to use my shadow abilities to sneak around and gain information on the enemy?" Rogue deduced.

"We would have Gajeel do it, but it's more likely that using your shadows is like second nature to you." Erza pointed out.

Rogue was silent as everyone's eyes were on him. However instead of responding, he turned his attention to Sting who was looking down and pressing both index fingers together.

"I understand that we're here to help out. But the situation has changed..." Sting sighed as he looked up. "Don't you think you're being a little casual about asking my guild member to join your attack without consulting his master first?"

Confusion reigned throughout everyone over Sting's sudden tone shift. Erza narrowed her eyes downward and frowned.

"I see, I apologize for jumping the gun." Erza apologized before looking back at Sting. "Then allow me to humbly ask, will you two please assist us even further in this mission?"

The Sabertooth master did not answer. Instead, he held his hands together and looked down. He leaned his head on his fisted hands and clenched his sharp teeth. His expression read regret and sorrow.