Chapter 14: The Rescue Plan

Alivia slammed the front door open after overhearing panic outside. Shortly after she went outside, Henry got out of his room and quickly followed suit.

The Exceed flew over and saw many ranchers pointing and gazing with fear in their eyes at the large town in the distance.

"What's going on?!" Alivia asked before following their gazes and widening her eyes.

Henry caught up and quickly looked over. He let out a gasp. They saw smoke erupting from a part of town with random glows of magic being used in other parts of town.

"Y-you don't think..." Alivia whispered..

Henry gulped. "They're...declaring war on them...are they?"

Alivia clenched her teeth and tightened her paws. She let out a growl. "How could they..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No wings and no halo...they must be the land-dwellers, sir!" One soldier pointed out.

Argus wipes his chest before rolling his shoulder. He cracks his knuckles and smirks at the two slayers, not bothered by the pain that was inflicted on him earlier. "Heh, you do realize what you're doing right?" He points at the invaders. "I don't know how you planned this without being spotted, but we ain't just gonna let ya declare war on us so willy nilly!"

Gajeel stood right next to Natsu and began to whisper to him. "Hey Salamander, I bet you're raring to just go to that castle right?"

Natsu glances at Gajeel but doesn't respond.

Gajeel gives a cocky smile before walking in front of the fire dragon slayer. He swung his arm towards Natsu. "Gihi, go on ahead. I can deal with all these punks myself."

"Hey! Are you ignoring me?!" Dumbfounded Argus.

The iron dragon slayer cracks his knuckles. "I know we had to cause some ruckus in this area, but I can do plenty without your help."

One soldier began to charge at Gajeel and attempted to thrust his spear at him. The long spiky haired slayer gripped the spear before it could strike his chest and forcefully took it out of his hand. He proceeds to eat the spear shortly after, shocking the angels around him.

"H-he's eating the spear?!" One soldier commented.

Gajeel wiped his mouth with one hand before swinging a punch at the soldier that attacked him. Sending him flying and crashing next to Argus. He clenched his fist. "Go on! Why are you just standing around, Salamander?!"

Natsu paused for a moment before smirking at Gajeel. "Yeah! Let's go Happy!"

"Aye sir!" Happy agreed before grabbing his partner and taking off.

One soldier pointed up. "They're escaping! After them!"

Gajeel spread his legs out and breathed in. "Roar of the Iron Dragon!" He unleashed a tornado of iron which wiped out several soldiers in its path, shredding their armor in the process.

Argus stomped forward and used his momentum to charge directly at Gajeel. He coated his body with some sort of metal armor and slammed directly at his opponent. Gajeel blocked the attack with his arms coated with iron. The clash had a shock of wind which made some remaining soldiers cover their bodies. Not before long, Natsu had already left the scene.

"HA HA HA!" Argus laughed. "I don't know what's on yer minds, but we ain't gonna let you do what you want without a fight!"

"Gihi, bring it on!" Gajeel chuckled.