Chapter 18: To Repay the Debt! Juvia VS Torian

"Begone terrorists!" Was the words the civilians frequently shouted at their intruders. Their numbers weren't as many as the soldiers but they were able to back both Erza and Jellal in a corner since the two and the rest of the wizards agreed to not harm any civilian no matter what. However, since they began to fight back after Stark's announcement, things couldn't be more difficult for the two right now.

Jellal and Erza tried to stay close while avoiding attacks, which were constant. The latter eye'd the former. "What should we do now? I can't imagine they'll stop anytime soon." She asked before noticing a male angel running towards her with a stone debris. She blocked the attack with her blade as the civilian tried smashing it on her before Jellal grabbed Erza and activated his Meteor to fly on a small building.

The two landed safely but were quickly pursued by the citizens that flew towards them. A few of them began to conjure some small beams made from magic. Jellal raised one arm towards the group before stating "It may be unorthodox, but I have an idea." He proceeds to conjure a Hexagon Barrier which effortlessly blocks any attacks directed at the two. The blue haired mage proceeded to place his other palm on the ground and unleashed a small smoke screen.

"Quick, in one of the alleyways." Jellal urged before he and Erza leaped off the building, leaving behind coughing civilians behind.

Erza glanced at Jellal while running. "So what did you have in mind?" She asked.

"It's very clear that they have little to no experience in using magic in battle due to how sloppy they use their spells. If we can keep avoiding them they'll run out of energy eventually. But it's also wise to avoid any contact with them directly." Jellal answered as the two turned into an alleyway. "But we also shouldn't have them go after any of the others, so we can direct their attention to where we're at and have faith in the others." He finished as the two hugged the walls.

"I see. It's unfortunate that we have to be bait but I'm sure they can handle themselves trying to find Wendy without us." Erza assured.

Jellal raised an arm. "I'm going to launch a flare, we'll book it after that alright?" He warned. Erza immediately nodded her head.

Once the smoke cleared out, the civilians noticed a flame attack launch in the air several feet away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of fire burning was heard as Natsu and Happy continued on inside the castle, leaving the wreckage the fire dragon slayer left behind as well as a knocked out Balrus. Running up the stairs, the two came across their first fork in the road as there were two separate rooms to enter. The one being right up the stairs to a long hallway and another being an open path that leads to a staircase.

Natsu crossed his arms. "The castle being empty is gonna make things harder..." He acknowledged.

Happy slid off Natsu's shoulder and flew in front of him. "How about you try picking up any scents? Carla should still be here right?" He suggested.

Natsu lightly pounded one fist on his palm and his eyes lit up. "Good thinking buddy!" He praised his companion before quickly sniffing the area and picking up something above the two. "I think I got something above us! Looks like it's the stairs then! Let's go Happy!" The pinkette urged.

"Aye!" Happy agreed.

Natsu took a step towards the staircase and held his breath as his nostrils absorbed air. He then roared out at the top of his lungs which echoed throughout the castle. "WENDY!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Natsu's roars are heard, Carla manages to strike a hit as she cartwheels her way towards Sync and lands a kicking blow at her scythe which sends the angel girl sliding back a couple feet and stumbling a little. The Exceed lands on her feet and continues to be on guard.