Chapter 28: The Birth of Exahelm's Guardian

Year X775

Word spreads quickly in the sky country. The incident this morning of the boy flying through the clouds with magic and getting arrested as a result was the talk of the town as several angels at a local bar discussed it.

"An angel going to the land dweller's world and coming back?! Get outta town!" A young male angel with blonde hair exclaimed, holding a bottle.

"Supposedly there were two angels that left! But only one made it back!" An older female angel with curly white hair commented.

"HA HA HA! They were both kids right? Not much younger than me!" A young adult muscular male angel with bushy brown hair said before taking a large drink of his bottle.

The commotion from the bar could've been heard outside as Stark passed by it. He stopped in his tracks and stared inside for a brief moment. He clenched his fists and teeth tightly before walking away.

"Carine you idiot..." Stark lamented quietly as he covered his face. "Why would you die over something like that...?!" He uncovered his face and curled his hand into a fist. "Those land walking scum!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today went in a direction that Hahlos never would've predicted even with his Clairvoyance. He went from being in a land-dweller town to now being in Izanagi's room. The god requested to speak to the boy alone so there weren't even guards outside of the room.

After being dried from being soaked in water earlier, Hahlos was asked to grab a chair and take a seat. After the boy complied, the tone was dead silent. The god paced around the room while Hahlos sat quietly. He started to feel a little uncomfortable with the silent atmosphere as the god stared out the window.

Before Hahlos could utter a word in, he was interrupted by Izanagi.

"So, what was it like down there?" Izanagi inquired, not looking at him.

"Oh! Erm..." Hahlos hesitated. It was simple enough telling the soldiers his story, but the ruler of the country who made it a law to not interact down below? It definitely made his throat dry up. But at this rate he had no other choice in the matter. "There was a lot of greenery, but it was overshadowed by a small village that was destroyed." He began.

The green haired boy continued to explain what he saw down there, as well as the incident he encountered with Carine and the men in robes. Izanagi listened in, not changing in expression and continuing to stare outside.

After Hahlos finished telling his story, the atmosphere was dead silent once more. However this time, it didn't last so long as the god faced the boy and began to approach him.

"Terrible huh?" He asked.

Hahlos shot his head up before rubbing the back of his head and looking away. "Y-yeah..."

"But you two foresaw that happening, am I correct?" Izanagi inquired. "Despite that, nothing changed. The village was attacked even though it was empty, all for that 'Zeref' ghost."

"Who is Zeref anyways...?" The boy asked.

Izanagi sat on his bed and crossed his arms. "He existed many centuries ago. But he was responsible for inventing several kinds of magic. Many humans worship him because of that." He clenched a fist.

The sky god sighed and placed his palms on his lap. He looked Hahlos straight in the eye. "Magic is the reason that village was destroyed, and why your friend was killed." He bluntly states. "This is the norm for those humans, as they live with magic everyday of their lives. To the point where it's impossible for them to live without it. So they kill for it."