Chapter 2: I can see it! Hahlos attacks!

Once their plan was set, select Fairy Tail members made their errands to prepare the gift for the guild's youngest member. Since Juvia was the one who suggested it, she alongside Gray chose to pick out the flowers for her. Lucy and Erza went out and bought sewing supplies for the Strauss sisters. Levy helped by picking a fitting dress design for the Sky Dragon Slayer. Once everyone returned back to the guild and exchanged their items to Mirajane, she got started.

Lucy was getting giddy, picturing various reactions the young blue haired girl would have. Natsu and Happy approached the Celestial wizard, the Exceed snickering to himself.

"Lucy is deep in her head again..." The blue cat teased. Lucy snapped out of her thoughts and gave a quick glare at Happy, in which he turned his head away and whistled.

"Hey, Lucy. When is Wendy coming back anyways?" Natsu asked. He turned his attention to the clock in which Lucy followed. "It's the afternoon now, I thought she would've been back by then."

The blonde noticed the time as well. "Now that you mention it..." She approached the bar where Mirajane and Lisanna were working on the dress and leaned over the counter to get their attention. "Hey Mira, Lisanna? Sorry to interrupt but did Wendy ever come back while we were gone?"

"No, I didn't see her or Carla actually." Lisanna realized. "Do you know sis?" She turned to her older sister, in which she shook her head.

"I think I may know the answer to that." A mature looking woman suddenly butted in, she was sitting on the far left end of the bar table holding a newspaper. She placed it down revealing her brown hair and tan skin, her name was Cana Alberona. She had an unusually large jug of beer next to her, she leaned forward and pointed down at the paper. "Says here that the Margaret Town station had a pretty nasty railtrack accident, just last night and is closed for an entire week."

"Oh wow...what bad timing..." Lucy frowned as she looked by the entrance of the guild. "I hope they're okay."

"What're you so worried about Lucy?" Natsu smiled brightly as he patted her on the back. "This ain't the first time Wendy had an obstacle like this, I'm sure those two will get home safely in no time!" He tried to cheer up his friend, remembering Wendy's first mission with Happy and Freed in which a similar incident occurred. The blonde nods in response as Erza begins to approach the group.

"He's right, Wendy has also gotten much stronger than before. If anything happens on her way back then I'm sure she can take care of herself." The S-Class wizard reassured.

"...Yeah." Lucy smiled. "She grew up so much lately."

"Heh, she's still pretty short though." Cana teased before taking a swig of beer.

"Knowing her, she probably took a carriage." Mirajane noted. "She should be back any time now." The bartender glanced at the clock once again before going back to her sewing duties.

As Lucy and the others began to relax, Natsu's nose perked up and raised an eyebrow. Erza then felt a shock of someone's presence as she and Natsu turned towards the guild's entrance. Lucy looked over too and furrowed her eyebrows. "Huh?"

One moment there was no one by the doors, but suddenly now a tall silhouette stood by the building as the wind carried some leaves that slipped by their boots. Their presence got the attention of all the other members in the building as it abruptly became quiet.

The atmosphere started to feel uncomfortable as the individual walked on inside with the only noise heard was the clanking of his boots. The person appeared to be a man wearing a white cloak with a hood covering most of his face. It was difficult to pinpoint but some key members felt something off about the man. The tall man took a seat by the bar.