Chapter 13: Day of the Festival!

A bright new day shines down on the land of Exahelm. The cold air breezes in, like a soft tune. The town was already out and active as many of its residents began setting up stands, decorations and flags.

Today is the day the kingdom's God and ruler; Izanagi, will be brought back from the brink of death. In celebration, a festival in honor of their dangers being prevented was started. Flower streamers were set up between buildings and on statues. Angel's sang, laughed and danced.

"I'm so happy things are finally returning to normal soon!" A young male angel was relieved. Various civilians began to mingle.

A yellow furred Exceed was sitting on a table as she overheard the male angel. "Yea! I don't know how much longer I can deal with all this stress!"

A female angel who was sitting next to the Exceed smiled. "And for a land-walker of all people to commit such a selfless act..." She looked at the castle. "She'll be truly remembered as Exahelm's hero."

"I do wonder though..." The male angel held his chin and observed activity from several soldiers who were all over the place. They looked like they were searching for something as they peeked in every corner.

"What's gotten the soldiers here all worked up?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the meeting room of the castle, Hahlos and Stark were currently present. The former with shadows under his eyes, looking sleep deprived. The latter chuckled as he was writing down on a piece of paper.

"So it's true then? They're all gone?" Stark asked while snickering.

Hahlos rubbed his eyes. "Indeed, everyone has been searching for quite awhile and have yet to spot even one of the humans..."

Stark continued writing with a quill. "Heh, they must have truly left then. Goes to show how foolproof my plan was, hm?" The slender angel bragged while wiping some extra ink off the paper.

"The only reason things went smoothly was because I had to step in." Hahlos countered. "I had no choice but to send everyone out to search the kingdom."

Stark ceased writing for a moment as he crossed his arms and leaned back. "So what if some mishaps happened? The fact of the matter is that the land-dwellers are gone and were convinced by their friend." He then narrowed his eyes at the tired Hahlos. "Speaking of, how is the little hero?"

Hahlos sighs and looks down on the floor. "She has been extremely difficult. She's currently locked herself in her room. I decided to respect her wishes and leave her be for now."

"Oh, that's too bad. Maybe you're being way too soft on her." Stark scoffs. "Don't forget that this was *your* plan in the first place. You should've expected this, Hahlos."

Hahlos peered his eyes at Stark and gave him a glare, in which the slender angel chuckled again in response as he leaned forward and went back in writing his paper. Hahlos continued staring at Stark for a moment before standing up and pushing his chair in. He turned his back and began to leave the room.

"I should get ready for the revival process." Hahlos decided as he opened the door. He looked back at Stark one last time. "I will leave the responsibility of the castle to you." He leaves the room, closing the door behind him as the noise echoed in the room.

Stark paused once again while staring at the door. "Tch, it's about time I get some time to myself..." He thought out loud before proceeding to return to writing once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gossip and rumors tend to spread quickly in the country in the sky. Especially in the rancher's land across the way. While most were prepping to set up shops near town, some were more focused on something odd.