Chapter 5: Izanagi

The ceremony had ended several minutes ago but Wendy could still hear the cheering ringing through her sensitive ears. She was sitting down on the bed in the room she was in previously, it seemed like she was going to be staying in this room. She looked down on the floor before lifting her hands up slightly. Her mind began to wander, she was clearly overwhelmed and indecisive.

Just earlier, she was attacked and forcefully brought to this place. Now suddenly, she's being hailed as some kind of "hero." Not only that but the person she was requested to cure was this country's leader! Sure, she has done many things that would consider her a hero, as well as done many healing related jobs. However the blunette couldn't help but find this situation much different from an average job. She continued to look at her palms. "What should I do...?" She thought to herself.

"Pardon me, but how long do you plan on spacing out?" Hahlos interrupted, which snapped Wendy out of her thoughts. She didn't notice that he was standing in front of her. His expression was emotionless as ever.

"H-how long were you standing there...?" Wendy stuttered.

"Several minutes." Hahlos cleared his throat. "I didn't want to interrupt your thoughts. But now that things have calmed down from the ceremony, it's time for you to meet the ruler of this country." He urged before gesturing his hand towards the door. Wendy sighed softly before hopping off the bed and following the tall angel outside of the room.

As the two walked in the castle hallways, Wendy once again realized there was no one else in sight. No soldiers or royal members, she definitely wasn't seeing things earlier. The sky dragon slayer looked up at Hahlos and asked "How come there's no one else here?"

"Due to our lord's sickness, we can't afford too much traffic or noise right at the moment." Hahlos began to explain, not looking back at Wendy. "The soldiers were moved to a fortress in the main town. The only ones staying here besides us and the master are Exahelm's own personal guard. They're labeled as the 'Tenhei', the lord's most trustworthy associates."

Wendy tilted her head after listening to the overly long explanation. Before she could ask, Hahlos took a complete stop. She looked ahead and noticed an average looking door with two torches in between them, they were the only things that made this specific room stick out compared to the rest. Hahlos slowly opened the door to prevent creaking and once again gestured to Wendy to enter, in which she complied.

As soon as the girl entered, she immediately saw the one they called 'god' here. She covered her mouth and felt her skin crawl in horror. His skin was a very dark tan with clear cracking all over. His eyes were sunken into the point where they were pitch black and his hair was completely gone. The fact that he was still alive and breathing was a miracle in itself. However every breath he took seemed like a challenge as he would go into an occasional coughing fit. Hahlos shut the door behind him slowly before walking to the side of the bed. He leaned in and spoke softly.

"My lord, The Sky Sorceress is here."

The mummified looking man tried to speak. However as soon as he raised his voice, he began to cough more violently. Wendy felt so much pity and sympathy for this person that she was on the verge of tears.

"That's no good..." Hahlos lamented. "You can't even speak properly now..."

Wendy was still standing by the door as she looked down and fidgted her hands. "I-I'm...sorry...I don't think my healing magic can help here..." She regretted.

"I'm well aware." Hahlos responded before backing away from the bed and pointing at it. "Use one of your sky magic attack spells on him."

"W-what?!" Wendy squeaked, eyes widening. "But...that would kill him! Besides, didn't you say that using that kind of magic here is dangerous for someone like me?!"