Chapter 23: While We Wave Our Marks

~~~Flashback~~~

Lacrima Smuggling. It was a brief act of desperation from a group of civilians of Exahelm. Not everyone approved of the anti-magic laws in the country. Every so often, protests would surge in response to these laws. However, due to the nature of Izanagi and his trusted Tenhei, they would be shut down quickly.

But in the face of constant failure, desperation would arise. Many would study magic due to every angel possessing magic abilities within them. Some even learned to store magic in small crystals called Lacrima. In the world below, Lacrima were common magic tools used to power many objects or store magic power. However in the land up in the sky, they were treated with a different purpose.

An operation started to obtain as many Lacrima with powerful magic as possible, for the purpose of overthrowing the country's leaders. Many angels would sacrifice their own magic power to store and even combine. It was one step closer to freedom of magic for the angels.

But much like every Lacrima smuggled by these angels, the operation was completely crushed by none other than Hahlos.

With his Clairvoyance, he was able to discover the operation before it truly went anywhere. Every involved party of the smuggling was arrested. And by order of Izanagi, they were all executed the next morning. With every angel involved gone and the last remaining Lacrima crushed, the peace would return to its rightful state.

Or so they thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you're telling me this one's parents were part of the Lacrima Smuggling operation?" Izanagi inquired, sitting on a small chair and leaning back.

Hahlos nods before looking back at Sync, who was sleeping on a small rectangle table. "Indeed. when I saw her hair and eyes, I knew she resembled those two."

"Many children of the smugglers were taken to orphanages after the operation was crushed." Arya commented, observing the purple glow on the small angel's chest. "But to think one of the children would have a Lacrima stored inside them..."

"Do you know what magic was stored in that stone?" Hahlos asked, now focusing on Arya.

Arya sighs, leaning back up. "My Intellect was unable to figure out her magic." She admits, turning to Hahlos and Izanagi. "It may be because her magic is coming from the Lacrima, and not herself."

Izanagi scratches his nose. "Well whatever her magic is, it caused a great big panic. This girl needs to have that stone removed. We cannot allow a reminiscence of the smuggling to exist." He demands, now leaning forward and laying his arms on his knees.

"Is that even possible?" Hahlos wonders.

Arya pauses for a moment before looking down back at Sync. "The Lacrima was lodged in her chest. If it was removed, it would surely kill the girl." She reveals.

Hahlos and Izanagi pause at Arya's response but they don't flinch. The god lowers his head and sighs.

"Very well...then we have no other opt-"

"Hold on a moment, master." Hahlos interrupts. He turns to the pink haired god and places a palm on his own chest. "If I may, would you allow me to care for this child?" He proposed

Izanagi shot his head up and raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

Hahlos gestures his arm towards the sleeping Sync. "This child, Tink was her name? She did not consent to having a Lacrima inside her, and she cannot control her powers. Therefore it doesn't sound right to get rid of her."