Chapter 17: Argus VS Gajeel

Once the announcement was finished, Stark observed the ongoing events in town as civilians began to fight back. He turns around, chuckling to himself, and goes back on indoors.

"That takes care of that." Stark pushes up his glasses. "They'll be quite preoccupied for a while it seems..." He gloats. The slender angel then hears another explosion from a lower floor followed by shouting of a familiar name.

"WENDY!" Natsu roars as it echoes through the halls, followed by more bursts of fire.

Stark groans. "Now then, time to take care of that little vermin." He summons two crossbow-like guns and begins to make his way where Natsu was located.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hrmmm..." Argus grunted, scratching his chin while looking away. "Just what was he thinking? Hahlos and especially Izanagi ain't gonna like this..." As he talked to himself, Gajeel began to pull himself up with a fierce expression.

A remaining soldier oversaw Gajeel about to strike and pointed at him. "Argus sir! Watch out!" He warned.

Gajeel launched another iron mallet which immediately struck Argus' jaw. However, he remained unaffected as the muscular angel's eyes rolled back to Gajeel's before giving a smirk. He gripped the iron slayer's mallet and shoved it off of him in which Gajeel retracted the attack and got on guard.

Two soldiers approached Argus with spears readying for attack. "Argus! Let us help you!" One of them requested. But the two were stopped as the muscular angel raised a palm at the two of them.

"Don't worry about me fellas. I won't be needing any help." Argus grinned.

The two were appalled. "B-but sir-"

"Worry about the civilians!" Argus interrupted. "I dunno what Stark got up his sleeve but the safety of the townsfolk should be top priority!"

The two soldiers looked at each other for a moment before hesitantly saluting to the Tenhei member as they shouted. "Sir!" And flew off.

Gajeel cracked his knuckles and popped his neck, smirking at Argus. "Heh, so you want a one-on-one fight between men? That's fine by me, gihi!"

"HA HA HA! I do prefer one on one fights anyways!" Argus laughed and had his eyes back at Gajeel. "Now, I don't think I caught ya name sonny..."

"It's Gajeel, the man who's gonna kick your ass!" Gajeel introduced himself in a threatening way as he morphed his right arm into an iron blade. "Iron Dragon's Sword!" The blade appears to be a saw as the spikes begin to spin around like a chainsaw. He leaps in the air and swings his arm downward directly at Argus.

"Body Enhancement: Steel!" Argus's skin on his left arm begins to morph into a steel coating as he blocks the attack seamlessly, the aggressive saw having no effect on the angel.

Gajeel growled. "That annoying armor again! Iron Dragon Lance!" He swings his left leg as it morphs into an iron blade and strikes directly at Argus' stomach. The large angel remains unaffected as his chest area was coated with the same steel substance. Gajeel grinded his teeth in annoyance.

"Well now, your moves are pretty quick! For a human!" Argus praised. He gripped Gajeel's iron leg with his right hand and proceeded to swing him around. He threw the iron dragon slayer on the ground aggressively, causing a large amount of cloudy mist to puff up.

Gajeel swung his arm to remove the puffy mist from his vision. He saw Argus look down on him with a big grin on his mug.

"HA HA HA! So you use iron magic eh? Well tough luck for you, steel is harder than iron!" Argus gloated, coating his right fist into steel.