Chapter 22: Exahelm's Ugliness! Sync VS Lucy

~~~Flashback~~~

"You sent her out on her own?!" Hahlos gawked, slamming both his palms on the table. As the sun settled, Hahlos awaited Stark's return in the meeting room while the rest of the Tenhei went back to their rooms. However, the slender angel returned with Sync alongside him.

Stark adjusted his glasses, revealing his stern eyes. "Calm yourself, you'll wake the master." He chides. "We still have our eye on her, you know?" Stark gestures his arm at Sync, who was holding a white orb that projected Wendy on the screen.

"You knew about this, Sync?" Hahlos questioned. The green haired angel glared back at Stark. "Why did you keep this information from me...?"

Stark glared right back at Hahlos before approaching him. "Because if you knew beforehand, I couldn't trust you to go along with it." He stopped a couple feet in front of Hahlos and pointed at him. "Don't think all of us don't know that you have been building some connection from that land-walker! That's why you didn't even inform her that she'll be used as a vessel for Izanagi's revival!"

Sync whimpered, feeling extreme stress from the tense scene between the two.

Hahlos flinched in response and looked away, clenching both fists. "...Even still, don't you think revealing that information nonchalantly was the right move?!"

"That girl fully understands what is at stake here. So what if she knows she'll pass from this?" Stark shrugs. "If you told her of her fate when it was too late, then she would hesitate. She'll refuse and not before long, we'll lose our god. Is that truly what you want?"

Hahlos clenched his teeth hard and looked down. He wasn't sure how to respond.

Stark sighed and got closer to the tall angel. He stopped directly next to him and spoke quietly. "I should've known that you still held those feelings of understanding humans. You haven't changed at all."

"Tch!" Hahlos scoffed, spreading both his wings. "I have changed! That's why I brought her here! This country *will* be saved!" He declared before quickly taking off outside the room, leaving a harsh gust of wind behind.

Sync stumbled over as Hahlos rushed by her and fell on her bottom. She briefly looked outside the room and let out another whimper.

Stark slowly turned his head towards the door and scoffed. "Dumbass, your softness will only get you so far."

Sync slowly looked back down at her orb that watched over Wendy. She witnessed one of her friends approach her and clench both her shoulders. She couldn't make out what the pink haired male was saying since the orb was hiding. Sync's eyes widened as she saw Wendy suddenly attack her own friend as he was sent flying. The very same friend the bluenette was so excited to see again.

Sync covered her mouth and held back her tears. "Wh...What have we done...?"

~~~Flashback End~~~

Lucy and Virgo kept on guard while Sync stood casually with her arms behind her back. The scythe wielding girl tilted her body side to side, staring at the two.

"I know she's just a kid...but I can't hold back..." Lucy thought and gulped.

"So those two are not here then?" Sync wondered, placing one finger on her chin curiously.

"Y-yeah! That's what I just said!" Lucy responded bluntly.

Sync proceeds to open her small wings and fly away towards the hole on the glass ceiling. "Well you two have fun with whatever you're doing!"