Chapter 25: True Loyalty! Hahlos VS Erza and Jellal

"What...did you just say...?" Erza shuddered, in complete disbelief of what Hahlos revealed.

Hahlos doesn't respond. But that only made Erza shake furiously.

"But...how can that be?!" Jellal exclaimed, clenching both of his fists. "We began our operation two hours ago! It was said that the revival ceremony wouldn't happen until midday!"

"That was only an educated assumption." Hahlos retorts. "Did you believe we'd hold the revival process publicly? Izanagi isn't really one to make public showcases..."

Erza clenched her sword tightly. She looked down as her red hair covered both her eyes. "Don't lie! I refuse to believe anything you say, you fiend!" She cursed, shooting her head back up and glaring at the angel.

Hahlos stares at Erza's furious expression. He lowers his head and sighs. "I have told you nothing but the truth. I'm honestly surprised you didn't figure it out earlier." He proceeds to point to the cloudy ground. "After all, despite all of the combat occurring...no holes had formed abruptly under your feet."

Erza and Jellal reeled back and gasped. The latter briefly looked down below where he was standing and felt sweat dripping from his head. The former simply stood frozen cold in utter shock.

"...Then why didn't you revive your ruler the moment Wendy arrived here?!" Jellal argued.

"The Sky Sorceress is an expert enchanter. Soul Transfer magic is a variation of enchantment magic." Hahlos began to explain as he proceeded to remove one of his gloves. He showcases his palm which had a black swirl tattoo marked on it. "If I would've used this right away on her, simply rejecting the enchantment would be an easy task for her." He places his glove back on his hand. "We needed her to actively allow herself to be the master's vessel. And I can tell you right now that she did without any resistance."

"YOU'RE A DAMN LIAR!" Erza growled before pointing her sword at Hahlos.

Hahlos stares at the two wizards, appearing that they're going to attack anytime. However, he lowers his head and sighs. "As much as I want to make you pay for the actions you've pulled today...I want to respect the wishes of Wendy."

Erza and Jellal, the former still appearing furious, both raise an eyebrow. The angel places his arms behind his back and raises his head up once more. His sharp purple eyes met with their eyes.

"Call off your attack." Hahlos demands. "We can turn a blind eye and forget this ever happened. This is your last offer I will grant."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't often that Natsu felt something cold. Bearing the power of the fire dragon, he had a natural immunity to coldness. But he knew what it felt like, and he certainly felt it the mere moment he picked up Wendy's body.

He checked twice, three times, even four times. Despite the fact that there were no wounds or marks on Wendy, Natsu was unable to feel her pulse, only the coldness of her skin. The pinkette felt sweat sliding from his forehead while his eyes were as wide as dinner plates.

They were too late.

Natsu clenched Wendy tightly as he began to shake furiously. The loose strand of hair he held fell to the ground. He grinded his teeth and let out some light breaths.

"Wendy...I'm...so sorry...DAMN IT!" Natsu wailed, screaming his regrets loudly where onlookers could overhear outside. Tears began to slide off his cheeks.

While mourning, he realized that he was picking up another scent inside. And this scent felt familiar. The fire mage heard a door open and darted his head to the left. He wipes the tears off his eyes.