Chapter 10: Realization

Wendy was at a complete loss.

The sky dragon slayer was walking through the long empty hallways with no destination in mind. She began to realize just how alone she truly is right now. After finding out about what kind of person Izanagi is and the reason why the people here need him healed was having her mind go back and forth.

Their god here didn't seem to be a very kind ruler, in fact he sounded more like a tyrant to her. She couldn't understand why Izanagi had such a low opinion on magic where if people here use it, they get punished. Granted this wasn't exactly her home and the people here seem to want their ruler brought back despite all this.

There was also the part regarding what would happen if Izanagi would die from his illness. There was a high possibility that her home Fairy Tail was below this country right now. Plus a lot of innocent people would be in danger too. But all Wendy would need to do is help heal this country's God. Yet she feels even more nervous about this than ever.

She really wished her friends were here with her right now.

Wendy suddenly felt someone grab her left arm which caused her to jump a little before quickly looking over at who grabbed it. She saw the same yellow haired girl whom she met when she first arrived here. Sync was looking cheerful as ever.

"There you are!" Sync bubbled. "Why're you so glum?"

"O-oh!" Wendy shook her head. "It's nothing..."

"Hmmm...okay!" Sync gently tugged Wendy's arm and playfully pointed at a completely different direction the bluenette was going. "Come on! I wanna show you something!"

Wendy stumbled a bit while being dragged around by the chirpy girl. She was able to balance herself and follow Sync. Wendy was surprised how much strength this angel girl had to pull her around so easily.

The two turned some corners until Sync abruptly came to a complete stop which caused Wendy to gently bump into her back. When Wendy looked up she saw a door open to the side as a thin man with glasses walked out while carrying a book.

"Hm?" He turned to his left and saw the two girls as he closed the door to the library.

"Oh! Hi again Starky!" Sync waved. Stark groaned in annoyance and rolled his eyes. He then noticed Wendy standing by Sync. The two stared at each other for a moment.

Stark proceeded to glare at Wendy before walking off. The Sky Sorceress tilted her head in confusion but Sync just giggled. "Don't worry! Starky is just shy! He doesn't really talk to people much. Now let's go!" Sync continued to drag Wendy through the hallways.

It wasn't much longer until the two girls reached their destination which was up some spiral stairs. The door was just as plain as all the other ones in this castle, but this one had a wreath hanging on it. Sync opened the door and the two went inside. The room was large and open, the walls were surrounded by glass as the view showed the entire town from all sides. There were many patches of flowers, bushes, hedges and even trees. Wendy's eyes sparkled in awe at the bright flowers blooming. There was a large statue on a fountain in the middle of the room. The statue depicted an angel with a cape standing heroically.

"You like it? This is my favorite spot!" Sync beamed while spreading her arms out. "The garden dome tower! You even get a view of the entire town!"

Wendy continued looking around, the fountain looked stunning to her as well. "Wow...it's really pretty up here!" She marveled. The bluenette then noticed Torian currently tending to some plants. He was sitting down on his knees and dipping his hand in the bucket he brought. Although the male angel was in the zone as he didn't notice the two girls walk in.