New Floor, New Adventures

Violet decided to choose the [Goddess of Love & Beauty] option after much consideration. There were plenty of good options to choose from, but Violet felt this option best reflected both the current state of her dungeon and her desires for the future. 

Commerce and knowledge wasn't a bad option, but Violet wasn't really looking to learn a bunch of new information or to make her dungeon all about turning a profit. It just felt too clinical, which felt wrong considering her merchant hobby was really just a means to an end. She wanted to make new friends and provide a useful service to those who visited her dungeon while earning enough dungeon points to further improve her dungeon. It didn't actually matter whether she was getting a good deal from the trades every single time, she'd happily accept a loss if it came down to it. So, she had to turn down the god of commerce and knowledge.

As for design and creativity, it was closer to her goals for the dungeon, but it still felt like it fell short. Violet had come from a graphic design background and it was also true that she had wanted to live in a pretty dungeon that would bring her joy. However, it wasn't like she was obsessed with making her dungeon the best when it came to form, even to the point of sacrificing function. Her puzzles also might have seemed creative and interesting for this world, but they were hardly her own inventions. The puzzles were just based on puzzles and games from her previous life, not something she was showing off her creativity and ingenuity with.

Violet did want to indulge her creative side, somewhat, but that was likely to have as much of an effect of the dungeon as her merchant endeavors. She wanted to make pretty things to assign to her challenges as rewards. Lovely paintings of flowers and nature, colorful pieces of jewelry, and fancy dresses were great options for making unique puzzle rewards, but they were unlikely to effect the actual design of the dungeon. So, Violet also had to dismiss the offer made by the god of design and creativity.

Agriculture and motherhood felt the most personal to Violet and it had been tempting to choose it. However, as much as Violet enjoyed feeding others and felt bittersweet about missing out on her chance to be a mother, it wasn't all-encompassing in regards to what she wanted. The first floor was meant to indulge her desires to provide a safer place for the children of this world to grow up and learn how to become successful adventurers in a, relatively, safer environment. However, much like how food wouldn't be the rewards for all her challenges, she wasn't going to design every floor to be safe for children.

Violet didn't necessarily want to kill off every adventurer who would enter her dungeon, but she certainly needed to prioritize the safety of her dungeon as well. She had a responsibility to the [Monsters] who she summoned and contracted to work for her. Her slimes seemed to lack personality and the ability to think things through. However, there might come a day when she would have [Monsters] who could think and communicate with her. At that time, she was sure she would feel much more desperate to keep them safe and she wasn't sure she could stand to watch them be tortured without doing anything. So, it was inevitable that she would have to build a dungeon with traps that would create a lot more distance between her and the children of this world.

However, Violet didn't want to give up on her feelings entirely, which is where her choice to go with the goddess of love and beauty came into play. It was the perfect balance between her desire to create beautiful things, to live in a dungeon with breathtaking scenery, and her desire to connect with others. Love could take many forms from the love one has for one's friends to the love of a mother for their child to the romantic and passionate love one might have for their spouse. Such love could even exist for those no longer in one's life, such as her dear husband, and so this choice reflected who Violet was at her very core.

[Please select a new floor theme:

-Grasslands

-Enchanted Forest