1.64 Boss Fight

Most of the morning was rather uneventful in Violet's dungeon. While Avorn and Camellia did stop by the dungeon, they only farmed some slimes and collected resources before leaving once more. Still, this did give Violet some yarrow and ramps, most of which were only worth 1DP since they were repeats, but the first ramp did give Violet 35DP, which was nice. The extra 49 dungeon points brought Violet's total up to 95DP.

While Violet had no way of knowing, some of her slimes were beginning to become slower and react less quickly to incoming threats. This was only the first stage of their souls beginning to corrupt from dying too frequently, but it would certainly get worse at the rate things were going. It would still be a long while before any [Monsters] would stop respawning, but they would need to be replaced sooner or later.

The basic slime in the wildflower meadow room was actually in better shape than some of the others. Since a single slime wasn't worth the effort, Avorn and Camellia had been traveling back and forth between the hay meadow and flower hunt challenge room instead. They were right next door to each other and both had a total of five slimes assigned to the rooms. While the chameleon slimes did offer a more difficult challenge, it was a welcome one since the duo could more easily learn how to deal with [Monsters] with stealth abilities without being in too much danger.

Luckily, the [Monsters] within the dungeon wouldn't affect the dungeon core, which was why there wasn't any way to tell when the monster's souls began to corrupt from dying too often. There was an alert built in for when [Monsters] stopped spawning altogether, though. However, that would be something for Violet to discover when the time came.

For now, Violet had other priorities to attend to, like evolving her rock slime into an emperor rock slime. This cost her 40MP and 40DP, but the effects were quite good. The emperor rock slime took up most of the centermost portion of the boss room and was located smack dab in the middle of the azalea hedge flower maze. The slime couldn't bounce around anymore now that it was so large and heavy, but it could still rotate slowly around so that it could continue to pelt adventurers with rocks.

It was difficult for Violet to convince the emperor slime to attack anything since she couldn't communicate with it. However, its mouth hole had gotten a lot bigger as it had grown from the size of a basic slime to the size it was now. Since the rock armor also seemed to be much stronger than it was before and the description said the slime should be stronger, it stood to reason that the emperor rock slime would be shooting large rocks as projectiles.

If Violet had to hazard a guess, it seemed like the basic slimes would have small pebbles about the size of your standard tin stored mint. There are a lot of types of mints out there, but this was referring more to the ones that were thicker than a penny but not as large around. Meanwhile, the emperor rock slime seemed like it would launch proper rock-sized stones that would be larger than a can of soda as someone. Assuming the force was decent in both cases, the damage was likely to be increased by a significant amount.

Deciding not to waste the last 10MP she had, Violet put it towards enlarging her pond hole. She was now about a third of the way through the process of digging out the area for the pond. Yet the pond still just seemed like a strange round valley in the middle of a circular room rather than a proper pond. Hopefully, it would look more pond-like once it was finished being dug out and then filled with water.

As she wasn't sure when the next adventuring party would come through, Violet went to her dungeon core room to relax. She didn't need sleep or to rest, but she always felt exhausted mentally and it felt better to sleep than to lay awake thinking for hours on end. She'd end up noticing if anyone entered the dungeon and the uncomfortable feeling would only grow as people got closer to her dungeon core room. Besides, now she had a proper boss monster, even if the room wasn't set as a boss room yet, the dungeon should still be safer now.