1.72 The Joy Of The Challenge

Before Violet could forget, she went back to check her [Missions] tab one last time.

[Missions:

Origin: System

Status: Incomplete

Info: Place first trap

Reward: Unlock a new [Critter] option

Origin: System

Status: Incomplete

Info: Complete the first floor

Reward: Unlock a new [Critter] option

Origin: System

Status: Incomplete

Info: Unlock the second floor

Reward: Unlock a new [Critter] option

Origin: System

Status: Complete

Info: Unlock [Critters] from five different phyla.

Reward: Unlock a new [Critter] option

Origin: System

Status: Incomplete

Info: Unlock ten [Critters]

Reward: Unlock a new [Critter] option

Origin: System

Status: Incomplete

Info: Earn the favor of a patron god or goddess

Reward: Unlock new schematic]

Right, she almost forgot! With the last reward she chose, she had completed the quest for unlocking [Critters] from five different phyla. She quickly accepted the [Mission] reward.

[Please select one of the following phylum options to be randomly awarded a [Critter] from:

-Cnidaria

-Echinodermata

-Chordata - Aves]

Violet didn't need to select something new, but she also didn't need another bird right now. If she didn't end up with a forest biome, she wasn't even sure the birds she did have would have somewhere to nest. So, perhaps it would be better to take a chance on something new? Violet sighed as she selected the [Cnidaria] option, resigned to her fate.

[Randomizing options...]

[New [Critter] option unlocked!

-Crystal Jelly (10 MP)

Behaves the same as a normal crystal jelly. Average combat ability, capable of paralyzing prey. Safe to consume.]

Violet blinked in surprise at the message before her. She hadn't been expecting a jellyfish. However, its combat ranking also raised other questions. Jellyfish aren't considered to be lethal to humans. Even if it could paralyze its prey, it wasn't like a single jellyfish sting would paralyze the entirety of a human's body. Maybe if multiple attacked at the same time and someone was swimming through deep water. Well, it was a dungeon, after all, so perhaps that wasn't too far-fetched of a possibility.

Violet stretched, yawning and feeling sleepy. Adventurers would likely be showing up soon enough, perhaps it was time for another nap? While she was sleeping, Camellia and Avorn stopped by to farm experience and collect resources.

"Hey! Check this out, honey! There is a pond in here, maybe there will be some fish we can catch..."

Camellia excitedly exclaimed. Avorn frowned, this dungeon was strange. He walked into the new room cautiously, but there weren't even any slimes to attack them. There were just some small frogs, that he almost would have missed if he hadn't nearly stepped on one, and some colorful fish swimming through the pond.