1.54 Adventuring Couple

Deepvein kingdom was known as the kingdom with the most dungeons that produced metal ores. As such, it was common for dungeons to have [Monsters] like goblins or kobolds who could carry pickaxes or gargoyles and golems who could easily blend in with the dungeon's environment. While a dungeon master could, potentially, go a different route and build something else, that didn't stop the majority in this particular kingdom from trying to capitalize on the surface dweller's desire for such rare and precious metals.

Of course, nowadays metals aren't as rare as they once were. Even with adventurers being unable to mine more than they could physically carry, the metals were too common thanks to the dungeons providing an unlimited supply. The metal had long ago been exported to other kingdoms where the resource was rarer, but it was only able to help things so much.

As such, when adventuring couple Avorn and Camellia heard about a particular unnamed slime dungeon, they excitedly planned out a trip to Millstone. They lived a good few cities over, but it wasn't that big of a deal to spend a week straight traveling. They were adventurers, after all, and it was normal to travel from place to place conquering each dungeon one came across.

Now, they were only D-rank adventurers and it was a bit expensive to travel too far by carriage. However, everything they had heard about the dungeon during their trip only confirmed their hopes. A dungeon full of slime [Monsters] with abundant resources and unique challenges with valuable rewards. What more could they possibly ask for? So long as they could complete a few challenges, they'd easily be able to earn back their investment and then some. Plus, the easy experience would be truly invaluable.

After spending most of their savings just to make the trip over, there was no money to rent an inn room. Instead, they merely packed up their camping supplies and made their way into the dungeon. Seeing the first room, Camellia's eyes lit up as she exclaimed

"Wow! It's true, look, honey! There's an acorn tree, all these flowers, and nothing but a single slime in sight!"

Avorn looked lovingly at his wife. The sight of a large, muscular, half-giant woman beaming with joy was somehow both intimidating and yet ever so endearing. As an elf, Avorn was much slimmer, but he was still taller than most human men. So the differences in body type weren't a big setback to their love. Instead, Avorn just preferred to enjoy his prideful and happy warrior wife's company.

Camellia grasped her daggers tightly, preparing to attack. She had the dancer class and so wore an airy outfit that was half dress half armor. Avorn readied his bow, ready to step in if anything should jump out while his wife was busy with the slime. However, nothing happened and he was free to watch as his wife spun gracefully through the air, slicing her daggers through the slime one after another in a flurry of attacks. All too soon the slime was dead and Camellia frowned, clearly disappointed the fight was already over.

Many dancer classes had buffs and debuffs they could apply during battle. However, they were both still quite low level and so Camellia had yet to unlock very many useful class skills. She had a buff to boost her agility and strength, but that was about it. Even then, they were hardly worth using on mere slimes.

"Don't worry, sweetheart, I'm sure there will be more [Monsters] deeper in. If nothing else, we have enough time today that we can sit here and farm this slime for a good while before we have to leave."

Even a few experience points could add up over time. The slimes were more suitable for children than they were for even F-rank adventurers. However, no one could deny the fact that they were easy experience. Camellia just gave her beloved husband a sweet smile in reassurance as she replied

"Should we collect some flowers before we move on then? I'm not good at processing acorns and I haven't heard anything about there being any restaurants or grocers in town. So it might not be worth the effort to collect those."