1.56 The Magic Of Wind

Violet looked over her newest tribute list with a conflicted expression. The maple syrup was new, as was the pancake recipe, but most of the other [Items] were made with [Base Resources] and [Items] she had already unlocked. Although, the most confusing part was the fact that someone had even brought a plate of pancakes into the dungeon in the first place. Had someone eaten them on the way over and then just disposed of them? It wasn't like she'd be told if it was just leftovers or an entire plate of fresh pancakes, so there was no real way to know.

Well, she had still gotten another 56 dungeon points from the tribute, so who was she to complain? 122DP wasn't enough to do much with, but it did still mean that she was well on her way to saving up a healthy amount again. The points always did seem easier to spend than to earn, but Violet was hopeful that it wouldn't be the case for long. There seemed to be a good variety of people visiting the dungeon now and they all seemed to have different things they brought with them. With a little encouragement and the second floor unlocked, the number of dungeon points earned in a day, even with repeats, was bound to increase even further.

Violet quickly spent 48MP on building the second half of the boss room. Now all she would have to do was to combine the two rooms and set it up properly. However, other things could be done in the meantime. Violet slowly walked to the flower hunt room while she muttered to herself.

The dungeon felt more like home now and she had a friend, but it still felt bittersweet. Only by adding more personal touches did the dungeon feel like home. Perhaps it was wasteful to spend her mana and dungeon points on frivolous decorations and resources in all of her rooms. However, it was difficult enough to feel truly happy while being stuck in this prison of a dungeon without having nice things to look forward to.

When Violet finally walked into the flower hunt room, she asked

"Can I research a new room feature using the air magic? I'd like something like windy weather or the ability to control the level of wind in the room."

[Would you like to research windy weather using [Base Resource] wind magic for 50DP?

Yes or No?]

Violet happily selected the [Yes] option before pulling up the room upgrade options.

[Flower Hunt Room Upgrade Options:

-Sky Options

-Weather Options

-Temperature Options

-Room Feature Upgrades]

While Violet certainly wanted to add some other options later on, the option she was most interested in was under the [Weather Options].

[Flower Hunt Room Weather Options:

-Set To Change Seasonally (100DP)

-Set To Spring Weather Patterns (50DP)

-Set To Summer Weather Patterns (50DP)

-Set To Fall Weather Patterns (50DP)

-Set To Winter Weather Patterns (50DP)

-Set To Always Be Sunny (25DP)

-Set To Always Be Overcast (25DP)

-Set To Always Be Raining (25DP)

-Set To Always Be Storming (25DP)

-Set To Always Be Snowing (25DP)

-Set To Always Be Ice Storming (25DP)

-Set To Always Be Slightly Windy (25DP)

-Set To Always Be Very Windy (50DP)

-Add Custom Wind Settings To Another Weather Choice (75DP)

Please conduct further research to unlock any other preset options for weather.]

While she could have added some nice weather and then set custom wind, later on, Violet felt it was fine to just keep it simple in this room. She selected the [Always Slightly Windy] option, bringing her total down to 47DP.

The effect on the room was quite miraculous as a slight breeze immediately brushed by Violet, sending the seeds on the late-stage dandelions up into the air. It made the room look quite magical and she couldn't help but smile. The beauty of this room was quite nice and it almost seemed more fitting to consider this room a wildflower meadow, if it weren't for things like the lavender. Despite so many plants coexisting in the same room, they were well spaced out so that it felt fitting. The bushier plants like the lavender were bunched together here and there, but were otherwise well spaced out amongst the rest. With the addition of the dandelion seeds floating through the air, the room just felt like a beautiful, wild mess.

Of course, the wind upgrade had ended up being a lot better than Violet could have imagined. While the static weather options like [always sunny] or [always raining] didn't include any wind in them, the seasonal weather options had the feature naturally added. The wildflower meadow room, which had spring weather patterns, would occasionally get very windy days while other times were only slightly windy or not windy at all. Considering that the room also had a natural day cycle, it made the room seem the most realistic of all the rooms in the dungeon.

Violet almost wished she felt comfortable spending all her time in the wildflower meadow room. However, the more time she spent as a dungeon master, the more she felt like it was best to hide away. She didn't want to be lonely and secluded from everyone else, but she also didn't like how much her presence seemed to disturb the adventurers. It was like she was interrupting their enjoyment of her dungeon as well as intimidating them, which wasn't what she wanted.

However, it was also difficult to feel confident about remaining too far back in the dungeon. If more [Monsters] invaded the dungeon, it would be difficult to keep them from getting too far in. The hay meadow worked as a good choke point since it was where all the other paths converged before leading up to the dungeon core room. So, that was why Violet tended to spend much of her time there in the daytime.

Once the boss room was finished being constructed, Violet was hopeful that she could change things a bit. If the room was set to lock until the boss monster was defeated or Violet chose to open the doors, then she could not only freely wander the dungeon without worry of what might happen, but she would also have a much larger space to spend her time in.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Can't wait to read more? Check out my Patreon! For $5 / month you can get full access to my works including:

76 early access chapters

2 PDF copies

End of chapter shout-out

Exclusive Discord role

A special thanks to the following Patreon subscribers:

Precious Pixies: Abborre, Abraham H., AddictedToReading, Andalumeni, Angie B., Athena A., Azgaroth, BeeRusty, Brian B., Bryan V., Bryan W., BTBurns, Call0013, CapeShifter. CHoobler, Daniel, David M., Davvy C., Deus V., Devin C., Dustin C., Dyna J., East, Edgedancer, Emma B., EMthe4th, Enleed, Ephemeral, Faler, Fernando O., Gabriel B., Gingix, Harry M., Isaac B., J3_Haustkottr, Jake D., Jaskjj, Jebus 145, Joe, Joey, John D., Justin W., Kelly, KramZe, Lemongrass G., LifeOfConfusion, Logically R., Luc_99, Marshall C., Mech B., Merr49, Miranda B., Mudcrab with a knife, Nathanial F., Nicholas B., Niko N., Nini, Noel S., Nowwho, OdeToAKite, Pandagirl62, Paradox, Patricia O., Phantom, Red, Roethan, Roy K., Salix, Salvador A., Sejer S., ShadeByTheSea, Shadow R., Shinae, Some BS Deity, Sup3r J4k3, That Guy, Tiff L., Tiffany B., Tomas K., Traitors, Uber Pop, Vantar, Vetii, VoidWorldGaming 1116, Xalibur, Zachary P., Zane

Darling Dragon: Killer K.,

Dungeon Enthusiast: Bache F.,

Discontinued: Dagoon320, David Z., Doc., Juha, Nick T., Sboss678, ScorpioPerk, Steven B., Throwaway493, Tom P., Travis S.,

Patreon Link: https://www.patreon.com/AutumnPlunkett

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Don't forget to check out the Discord! I've got several channels set up for story discussion, useful story information, and even chapter alerts so you can get notified right away when a new chapter is released!

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/2x6cfYfB9d

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-