1.22 System Limitations

Finally! Violet was excited to finish laying out her first set of rooms. She finished connecting all the roundabout hallways to form a square around the square slime jigsaw room. Then she removed the straight pathway that led from the entrance to the dungeon core room. There was a path from left to right through the slime jigsaw puzzle room, but the adventurers would have to go through a minimum of three rooms before they could enter the dungeon core room. If anything, going through the slime jigsaw puzzle room would be a waste of time that would make it take longer to get to the dungeon core room.

With all of that out of the way, it was time to get to work filling the empty rooms with [Monsters] and obstacles. Violet called out to her system as she asked

"Is it possible to lower the ground in this room and then fill it with water and wooden platforms? I have water and wood as [Base Resources], so figure there must be some way to make it happen..."

[Would you like to research [Base Resource] [Water] for 100DP to permanently unlock it as a placeable room feature under [Items]?

Yes or No?]

Violet had been left some holy basil, chamomile, cinnamon leaves, and peppermint from the last group of adventurers. This had given her cinnamon leaves as a new [Base Resource] while peppermint was a repeat and the others were all listed as new [Items]. So Violet had recently gotten another 56DP, bringing her total to 348DP. So, despite the rather expensive cost, Violet went ahead and selected the [Yes] option.

Luckily, water only costs 5MP per 100 cubic meters. So, the 40MP Violet had left after buying the last two 5 meters hallways should be plenty. Of course, that was depending on how much it would cost to create the hole in the ground in the room.

"Alright, what about creating a rectangular hole in the room? I'd like to leave some standing space on either side so adventurers can safely walk through the door. I'll also need some wooden platforms that can be placed in the water for them to jump across to."

[Determining building design is in accordance with dungeon accords...]

Violet blinked her eyes as she read the message. She didn't see any reason why it would be an issue. It would be perfectly possible for adventurers to swim across safely or jump from platform to platform to cross the room. It certainly fits the criteria of being humanly possible to complete the challenge and further traverse the dungeon. Even if this room somehow wasn't easy enough, there was still another open pathway on the opposite side of the dungeon that adventurers could use. At least, there was right now. Violet would soon enough have to fill that room with things as well.

[Would you like to research wooden platforms for 10DP to permanently unlock it as a placeable item?

Yes or No?]

Violet was relieved to see the system agreed with her verdict and also that the cost for this item was much cheaper. She easily selected [Yes] before continuing

"What about the..."

[Please enter building mode to alter the terrain. Terrain alterations are limited to 10 meters of change outside of the normal room dimensions. This goes for all directions of the room whether it be a change to the horizontal or vertical plane. Changes do not affect any other floors' or rooms' placement within the dungeon. Costs are equivalent to 10MP / 100 cubic meters]

Maybe Violet was pressuring the system to answer too quickly... oops. Violet shrugged before entering build mode. Since this was an 8 meters x15 meters rectangle room, the total room area was 120 square meters. However, Violet planned to leave a decent gap on either side, so it would only cost 10MP for every 1 meter of depth she planned to create in the room.