1.61 Foiled Plans

Avorn and Camellia once more returned to Violet's dungeon. However, while they were more familiar with the dungeon's layout, they still were not very eager to complete the challenges. The number of rooms in the dungeon had made it clear that the dungeon was developed enough that it wouldn't be long before the dungeon would have a second floor.

At that point in time, it was likely that the adventurer's guild would start properly investing in the town and the dungeon would likely become much busier. That meant that now was the best time for Avorn and Camellia to farm experience by killing the weak slimes on the first floor. They, currently, didn't have very much competition for using the dungeon and didn't have to worry about how long it would take for the [Monsters] to respawn or whether someone else would get impatient about getting a turn to use the dungeon room.

When a dungeon became too busy, it was common etiquette to not spend too much time in any one room before moving on and to allow those who arrived first to have their turn without being hindered. That didn't stop some adventurers from abusing their strength or numbers to camp in a room and farm the [Monsters] and resources within anyhow, but that was a different matter.

Still, usually, the dungeon floor would end up emptying eventually. The dungeon resources in a room wouldn't reset without the room being empty for a set amount of time, unlike the [Monsters] which would respawn regardless of whether the room was preoccupied or not. As such, it was common for the lower floors of a dungeon to empty at night. Only the higher floor where more heavily geared adventurers, who planned to climb the dungeon tower as high as they could, would camp out would still have adventurers on them after a certain point in the day. Even then, most adventurers tried to avoid remaining on the topmost floor for too long to avoid upsetting the dungeon master.

Regardless, Avorn and Camellia planned to use this golden opportunity for what it was and they were only going to farm experience and collect resources today. As their main tribute for the day, they had brought cattails that had been gathered from a nearby river while they were washing their clothes and bathing early that morning. However, they had also been sure to bring some watercress for the tribute well so they could safely take a break when needed. The watercress was everywhere so it was simple to grab some and store it for later.

As they were still both only d-rank adventurers, it was still possible to level up while fighting weak beginner [Monsters] like slimes. However, it certainly still took a good couple of hours just to gain a single level. Slimes were considered f-rank [Monsters] and were some of the weakest, even amongst beginner [Monsters]. So, they were easier to defeat, but they also only gave a small handful of experience, regardless of whether they were a specialized type of slime or a basic slime.

Still, they both felt quite satisfied as they left the dungeon with their bags full of herbs, flowers, and fruits. Most of their harvest would be sold to the locals and the merchants who were beginning to set up shop in town. However, some of the herbs and fruits would also be saved for their own uses. Avorn enjoyed having fresh herbs to cook with and Camellia had a bit of a sweet tooth, so it was always nice to have them on hand as well.

After the most recent party left, Violet quickly got back to work on her new boss room. All 50 points of mana were used to finish the azalea hedge maze. 100MP was a lot to build a maze, but Violet quite liked the size of her boss room and felt the investment was well worth it. It felt more like a challenge room right now, since there was only a hedge maze, but that was fine since it would only be a short while longer before it could be used as a proper boss room.

Not long after that, another party visited the dungeon. As Violet needed something to do while she waited for whoever was in her dungeon to leave, she decided to familiarize herself with the path through her new boss room. It wouldn't be very helpful if she got lost every time she tried to leave her dungeon core room or vice versa. While she could check the dungeon map at any time to figure out where she was, it was still better to be able to know where she was going just off of memory.