Chapter 111 - Cherry Blossoms (4)

Start from the beginning

"Director Ryu!"

"Ah! Yes! Director! Sorry, haha. My daughter keeps asking me for photos."

"Send them leisurely, but schedule the set check as soon as we return to Korea. When was the script reading planned?"

"We had set a flexible date due to the Vietnam location."

"Since we're wrapping up earlier than expected in Vietnam, let's move up the 'script reading.'"

After gauging the dates for a moment, Director Kwon spoke again.

"How does August 3rd sound? Is it too soon?"

The planning team head, checking his diary, nodded as if it was acceptable.

"Roughly two weeks. No, that should be fine."

Hearing the response, Director Kwon turned his gaze back to the dense forest.

"Then, let's confirm the script reading for that day."

He murmured calmly.

"And start contacting the actors as soon as we return to Korea."

Two days later, in the late afternoon of the 24th.

The Male Friend' team was hastily setting up in a slightly secluded area behind the main building of a high school. They laid down rails, set up lights, and placed props around a small storage shed littered with various trash.

Today, they planned to shoot some filler cuts and a scene emphasizing Han In-ho's character.

In the script, a group of bullies who dislike 'Lee Bo-min,' now in her second year, make an appearance. The reason was trivial; they were merely envious of Lee Bo-min's beauty. To find a flaw, they grasped at straws. Therefore, one of the female bullies started spreading nasty rumors to torment Lee Bo-min.

However, the ever-optimistic Lee Bo-min remained undaunted, showing no signs of being downtrodden.

Moreover, she had Han In-ho by her side. She could endure as long as Han In-ho was there, even if everyone else turned their backs on her. However, the bullies did not leave Lee Bo-min alone, acting as if nothing was wrong. Since she didn't react much, they decided to torment her more openly now.

Perhaps thanks to that?

"Extras playing the 'bullies,' please gather in front of the camera!"

The actors playing the 'bullies' stood in front of the camera. Five in total, three girls and two boys. They were all in school uniforms, but their aura was distinctly different from regular students. Their clothes were either tightly fitted or buttons deliberately undone.

They made sure their costumes set them apart from others.

These extras were different from mere background actors. They all had lines, and they were affiliated with agencies. Regardless, Director Shin Dong-chun, watching them through the monitor, sighed in disappointment.

"Hmm, it's a bit lacking."

Hearing this, the assistant director next to him frowned.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"Well, I didn't notice it while script reading, but now that they're standing there, it feels, you know-"

Director Shin Dong-chun trailed off, his gaze meeting the five supporting actors beyond the camera.

"It feels a bit lacking in intensity. It's the first tense scene; shouldn't it be more striking?"

"I think it's fine as it is."