Chapter Four: That's Impossible

When Penny woke up - she was met with James staring at her

When Penny woke up - she was met with James staring at her. "What?" she mumbled still sleepy, "nothing love." he replied kissing her cheek.

They eventually got out of bed and went downstairs, "afternoon" Esme said greeting them.

Emmett came in from outside with a letter and handed it to Carlisle. "Carlisle, this is for you" Emmett said before making his way over to his wife.

Carlisle took it and was confused - well he was until he turned it over and saw the Volturi stamp.

"Oh shit" he exclaimed and looked at Esme. "What's up Carlisle?" Rosalie asked getting up from the couch.

"It's an invite from the Volturi - they want an update to see if they have found their mates" he explained.

Suddenly Alice dropped her magazine and Jasper went over to comfort his wife.

"What is it Alice?" Maddie asked. "They're coming here. The only problem is I don't know when." she explained the best she could.

"What will we do when they get here?" James asked concerned for his girlfriend and her family. Carlisle looked at his family - "everything will be okay, no need to worry" he said trying to calm them down but it didn't seem to work.

James didn't like that answer and pulled Penny into his chest holding her tightly.

They spent the whole day in their bedroom watching movies, kissing and Penny eventually fell asleep.

~+~

Early hours of Monday morning - Penny woke up and ran to bathroom, James was obviously concerned and was behind her rubbing her back.

"You okay love?" James asked her when she was finished. Penny flushed the toilet and brushed her teeth, "I don't know, I feel like crap." Penny mumbled leaning into his chest, he picked her up and took her back to bed where she clung onto him the remainder of the night.

James texted Fiona to let her know that Penny wouldn't be in school and explaining the reason why.

A few hours later - it happened again and James became a lot more concerned and spoke to Carlisle.

"That's twice she's been sick Carlisle. Is there anything you can do?" James asked in a hushed voice as Penny finally went back to sleep.

Carlisle looked at his son who is visibly concerned, "when she wakes up, let me know and I'll check on her. Okay?" Carlisle said, James didn't say anything but smiled and nodded his head going back over to Penny.

"Thank you Carlisle" James said when Carlisle was about to leave, he turned back around and gave his son a smile and walked out, he went downstairs to his wife.

"How is she?" Esme asked him, "she's asleep, I told him to let me know when she's awake so I can check her then" he explained what happened.

"I hope she's okay." Esme said looking at her husband, Carlisle saw the worry in her eyes and pulled her close kissing her head.

"What are we going to do about them?" She asked in a hush voice.

"We tell them they've found their mates and if they want to meet them, let us know. You stay here and keep Liam, Debbie and Carl entertained." Carlisle said already forming a plan to help his children.

Esme nodded her head as it was a sensible idea. A few hours went by and they came home from school.

"where's Penny?" Lip asked as he saw Carlisle, "upstairs in bed" he said.

Lip dropped his bag and ran upstairs where James was playing with Penny hair, she's still sleeping.

"How is she?" Lip asked quietly trying not to wake her up. "She's been sleeping most of the day - she needs to eat though." James explained looking at Lip.

Lip goes over and shakes her lightly "Pen - you need to eat." he said bending down - she opens her eyes a little and closes them again.

"Come on love, you haven't eaten since last night." James said getting out of bed and going around to Penny lifting her out of bed and Lip followed them downstairs.

"James go hunt - I'll make sure eats." Lip said when he put Penny down on the sofa. James nodded as Esme came into the living room with sandwiches for Lip and Penny.

"Thank you." Lip said ripping a little off and handing it to his twins who smiled at him.

"How was school?" Penny asked when she managed to actually eat something. "Boring, Maddie was actually moody you wasn't in today. So that was fun." Lip said scoffing - "I swear she prefers you over me sometimes." He added making her laugh.

"That's because she does." Penny said laughing slightly at his face. "How are you feeling?" Esme asked her.

"I'm feeling a little better thank you. I don't even know what -" Penny suddenly stopped talking and ran to the bathroom with Lip no far behind.

"It's okay Pen" Lip said grabbing the water that Esme just handed him. "Here drink this." he handed the water to her.

"Thank you" she said leaning on the bathroom sink, she went a little dizzy but Lip grabbed her in time and sat her on the bathroom side.

"I'll be right back, I think they just got back" Esme said speeding downstairs to her children and husband.

"Carlisle, Penny is awake - she's in the bathroom with Lip." Esme explained as James and Maddie sped upstairs to go see her.

They are met with Lip basically holding her up as her head on his shoulder rubbing her back.

"Right - James, Maddie out. Lip stay here with Penny I need to get some stuff" Carlisle said firmly as the bathroom was cramped.

Maddie and James went into the living room and awaited. Edward came in with Fiona and the rest of the family.

"How's Penny?" Fiona asked looking at James and Esme. "Lip is in there with her and Carlisle." James said but nothing else as he's worried for his girlfriend.

"Ask them James." Edward said as he read through James' mind. "Ask us what?" Fiona asked looking at him.

"After graduation I was thinking of asking Penny to marry me. Do I have your blessing to do so?" James explained/asked.

The Gallaghers looked at each other and when they saw Debbie smile - and Fiona looked back to James.

"Yes you have it. But you need to ask Lip." Fiona explained smiling walking up to him and hugging him.

~+~
Penny POV:

I'm in the bathroom with Lip and Carlisle.

Carlisle bless him - he literally brought everything to give me a check up.

Lip was watching him as he stood near the door.

"Everything looks okay - nothing out of the ordinary." Carlisle said to me making me frown and look at him.

"So why am I throwing up and can't be my food down?" I ask him.

He looked at me then at Lip. "There one more thing you can try Pen." Lip said understand the look on Carlisle's face.

Luckily Carlisle had one. I looked at it then at him but laughed.

"That's impossible Carlisle." I said. "I know but we can't rule anything out. Besides with you and him being soulmates nothing is impossible." He explained making me gulp.

I did what I need to do and left it on side. A few minutes later Carlisle looked at it, handed it to Lip who looked at me.

Oh fuck I knew that look.

"That's impossible." I said shocked.