Chapter 40

How many days has it been?

Weeks?

How long has it been since Levi was able to eat or sleep properly? Since he was able to at least take a nap without waking up to him being unable to breathe?

It's been exactly 506 hours since Y/n left him.

21 days

3 weeks

His life has gone downhill. At least it feels like that.

His anger has been too expressive during those days without Y/n.

He hasn't been eating well. And well, he doesn't sleep either way so...

Not to mention, Y/n hasn't texted Levi yet. He's been waiting since the moment he handed Alice the money. Waiting for at least a simple "hi" to come from her. But nothing yet.

He lays on his couch as he stares up at the ceiling. He doesn't have motivation do to anything. He just wants to lay there and hope that Y/n comes back. He isn't going to sleep anytime soon so he's stuck with his thoughts.

Nothing but the sleeping cats to give him company.

They remind him of Y/n, it feels good to have some sort of reminder of Y/n with him, but it also makes him feel depressed. He gave them another life to see Y/n happy. He did things he wasn't okay with to see a smile on her face.

He broke his promises for her.

He fell in love with her.

He had relationships with her.

And since then, he's become a slave to her love.

Only being able to sleep good if it's with her. Only being able to breathe correctly if she's around. He doesn't want another woman around him that isn't her. If it isn't Y/n, then he surely can't continue living.

Night all of a sudden jumps on top of Levi and makes biscuits on his stomach. Levi looks down at her and brings his hand up to pet her.

The cats can do for right now...

Levi closes his eyes to take in the feeling of Night on him and Starr laying next to him. After a couple seconds, he feels vibrating in his pocket. He takes his phone out carefully and sees that it's from an unknown number.

The message goes "Hi Levi. It's Y/n."

His heart drops.

He tries getting up but remembers that Night is on him. But his breathing is rapidly changing so Night gets off him anyways.

Levi gets up and opens the message.

                                             [1:29pm]Hi Levi

[1:29pm]
Hi Levi. It's Y/n

I'm sorry about how things ended between us. It wasn't my intention to end so harshly. If I made you upset, I'm truly sorry. If you can give me a couple days to get my head in the right place, we can talk things out, if that's okay with you...