Chapter 34

3 hours.

3 hours Levi has slept.

He's back to his old sleep schedule. Where all he would get is short hours of sleep. That's all he can get.

It's only 5 in the morning but falling back asleep and risking waking up, feeling unable to move is a no.

Levi's tried to do so once, he never again risked it. No matter how much he's needed the sleep or how much he's wanted to. There's no way he was going to risk waking up unable to breathe correctly, move, or see well.

So, Levi stands up off his bed and walks to his bathroom. He cleans himself up and his room.

He walks out of his room and sees the cats are still sound asleep, the moon on display.

He shouldn't wake them up yet, so instead he opens the door to the outside.

Taking in the smell of fresh air. His skin prickling as the cold air hits his warm body. Levi walks over to the chairs in the front and takes a seat, staring into the night sky with many different questions.

Questions that he'll probably never get the answer to.

But if he's honest, the only thing he wants, and needs, is for Y/n to trust him again.

He doesn't care who took that photo, how they even took it. All he wants is Y/n back.

Back in his arms, wrapped up in their bed together.

He wants to go back to seeing Y/n lay on her side, in their bed, with her arms between her thighs as she gives Levi one of those beautiful smiles of hers. He wants to fall asleep together again as they breathe in the same air. Nothing on their minds but each other.

He wants all of this back, yet, he has no idea how to do so.

He wants to give Y/n the space she wants and needs, but that's stopping him from building Y/n's trust back up.

He's completely dumb when it comes down to all of this. He doesn't know what to do.

He doesn't want Y/n to think that she would've been better of own her own, because Levi doesn't think of it that way.

Because of Y/n, he's been able to do a lot of things he wasn't able to do before. He just wanted to thank Y/n by giving her a place to stay, to eat, to be herself in, but that only made things worse.

Now she's going through a type of depression he can't even begin to explain. He can't help but beat himself up for all he's done to Y/n.

He loves her so much, although he wasn't supposed to.

He was supposed to stay to himself forever. Not feel any sort of love towards anyone else. If it wasn't Petra, it was nobody.

But he's changed. Now he has Y/n by his side and he'll do what he can to make her believe and trust in him again.

The sun is out and the birds are chirping their morning songs.

The cats are up and filing their nails in any place they find, can do the job.

Levi's in the kitchen making something for Y/n. He's sure she hasn't aten anything these past couple of days, so he's making soup for her.

Something light for her but also hydrating and filled with nutrients. He's not sure if she'll want to eat but as long as she gets a couple bites in, he'll be satisfied.

Levi pours the liquid food into a bowl. With a spoon, he stirs it to cool it down a bit for Y/n.

And after a while, he sighs and picks up the plate, walking over to Y/n's room.