Chapter 49

Sophie P.O.V

The stress on Keefe's face was becoming more and more clear by the day.

He's pushing himself with everything. But he's forgetting he needs to wind down.

So it is my mission, as an amazing girlfriend, to help him.

During lunch I turn Dex and whisper, "I have the urge to do something stupid."

"Hey!" Keefe exclaimed, "I'm stupid." He clapped his hands over his mouth like he just realised what he said.

The table erupted in groans mixed with laughter, as I turned pink.

Biana whacks him across the back of the head, "you have no filter. Idiot."

The conversation switches back to normal and I, discreetly this time, whisper to Dex, "come to my house after school."

He gives me a confused look but nods, now I just need to find Mr.forkle.

**********Time skip**********

I led the blindfolded Keefe to the garden.

"What is it, Foster? Is it mallowmelt? Butterblasts?"

"It's not food Keefe."

He pouts moodily, "but can I have food?"

I chuckled, enjoying the suspense as we reached the surprise waiting for him.

Removing the blindfold, Keefe found himself face to face with a fluffy, golden retriever puppy.

His eyes widened in surprise, a mixture of confusion and delight playing on his features. "What is this?" he asked, reaching down to pet the unfamiliar creature.

"It's a dog, a golden retriever to be more exact and right now it's only a puppy."

Elves obviously don't have puppies, so this adorable ball of fur was a strange experience for him.

Nevertheless, Keefe's confusion transformed into immediate affection as he scooped up the puppy, cradling it in his arms.

"What's its name?" he queried, a genuine smile breaking across his face.

I grinned, "You get to choose. Consider her a stress-relief gift, from your amazing girlfriend."

The golden retriever wagged her tail, seemingly content with her newfound friend.

Keefe, still cradling the puppy, looked at me with gratitude in his eyes. "Thank you." He said softly, "I love....wait is it a boy or girl?"

"Girl." I pet her tiny head gently, "Dex helped me in the forbidden cities and I convinced Mr.Forkle to let me get you one."

"Thank you, Foster." He starts staring intensely into the poor things eyes.

I was slightly disturbed after about a minute of this, "Keefe? What are you doing?"

"I'm thinking of names that will suit this little puppy." He replied casually, without breaking eye contact.

"You're gonna make her uncomfortable Keefe." I laughed.

He looked away, "Sorry little puppy." She nestled in on his lap when he sat down at Callas tree.

"I think I'm in love with her Foster."

I roll my eyes, "oh that's exactly what I wanted to hear from my boyfriend today." I say as I sit down beside him.

"Don't worry Foster she's my favourite puppy, not my favourite person." He smiled at me.

I lean my head against his shoulder, "what are you gonna name her?"

"I'm thinking maybe.....Keeferella or maybe Lady Poofball."

"Seriously Keefe?" I laugh but knowing Keefe he would consider these.

"Deadly serious."

After a beat of silence he says, "What about Willow?"

Her little ears perk up and she stares at Keefe with those big brown eyes.

"Willow." He smiles but then he groans, "Foster I think you purposely got me a dog with brown eyes because you know that's my weakness."

I blush, "what do you mean?"

He turns to look at me, his face only inches away, "you know exactly how what I mean." He says softly, his voice barely a whisper.

I pressed my lips against his and he kissed back gently but with so much love.

A little cry interrupts us, Willow jumps up on Keefe's chest, "Willow? Are you jealous?" Keefe laughed.

"Looks like we have a new third wheel." I say, joining in on Keefe's laughter.

"Foster?"

"Yeah?"

"You have no idea how happy this made me."

My heart flutters, "you have no idea how happy it makes me to hear you say that." I whisper.