Chapter 33

So I sorted everything out and I actually like it alot better.
Thanks for the advice and suggestions ☺️ I'm always open to it and grateful for it.
Enjoy xx

Keefe:

We just arrived in Ravagog and we're being led into the massive castle to see Ro.

I could feel my heart pounding already. Why was I so nervous?

We were led into a healing center and I finally saw her.

She was battered and bruised but she was alive and ok, and that's all that mattered.

I went straight to her side and she flashed me a smirk.

"Hey Funkyhair."

I roll my eyes at the nickname and I could see Foster try to stifle a laugh.

"Hey Romhilda."

She growled at me "shut up."

It was my turn to smirk now.

But then her expression softened. "I'm sorry about everything that happened, I was told about all of it, about the Neverseen and about your dad." She clenched her fist menacingly "I would have killed him if I was there."

"I wish you were there." I replied softly.

Her gentle smile then turn into a evil one.

"So did anything else happen when I was gone?" She questioned, Foster and I shared a look.

I decided to play dumb. "I have no idea what you're talking about," I turn to face my girlfriend "do you know Foster?"

"Maybe." She grinned.

I snaked my arms around her waist and she pressed her lips against mine. We got lost in the intensity of the kiss only separating when Ro's squeals started to get a little too loud.

"This is amazing! My ship has sailed! It's a miracle!" She yelled enthusiastically, having an over exaggerated fangirl moment.

We both laughed at her excited reaction.

And I could feel everything slotting into place.

I'm finally going to be truly happy.

It'll be a long road. I've been through a lot. We all have.

But there are better days coming.

*******"*"Time skip**********

As we made our way out of the castle, an eerie alarm pierced through the air, catching our attention.

Curiosity sparked, I couldn't help but ask, "What's that noise?"

Ro, wearing a puzzled expression, shrugged in response, showing her own confusion.

Before we could gather our thoughts, a guard abruptly approached us, panic evident in his voice, urgently instructing us to evacuate.

"What's happening? Why do we need to leave?" I questioned, my heart pounding in my chest.

Suddenly, a deafening explosion reverberated, leaving us disoriented and plunging the world into darkness.

The sound was so intense that my ears rang, as I was pulled into the darkness.