Chapter 46

Hellooo we are number 1 in sokeefe at the moment 🤭 so thank you so much for the comments, votes and reads!! Enjoy xx

Keefe P.O.V

The quiet hum of my new home with Elwin enveloped me as I slumped on the couch, the weight of everything bearing down.
Thoughts of my dad, the relentless pressure to master my abilities, and the expectations as a Keeper tangled in my mind.

The door creaked open, and there she was, Sophie Foster, with that annoying ability to sense when something was off.

"Hey, Keefe. Just thought I'd stop by to see my lovely boyfriend," her smile fell when she saw I wasn't exactly a ray of happiness at the moment. "You okay?"

I sighed, glancing at her, and the floodgates threatened to open. "Not really, Foster. It's just... everything, you know?"

Sophie sat down beside me, her presence a comforting anchor. "You don't have to carry it all alone, Keefe. We're a team."

A heavy breath escaped me. "It's just hard, Foster. My dad, the abilities, the Keeper stuff. I'm just....tired."

She reached for my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "And we'll figure it out together," her beautiful brown eyes looked into mine, "talk to me Keefe."

"It's like everything is happening too quickly." I sighed, rubbing my eyes tiredly, "everything happened all at once and I never actually processed it and now it's all being processed at once and it's kinda overwhelming."

Sophie nodded, understanding etched on her face. "You don't have to rush though. We can take it one step at a time and do it together."

And in that moment, the weight on my shoulders seemed to lighten, just a bit. "Thanks, Foster."

She leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead. "Anytime, Keefe, you can always talk to me."

Her words lingered in the air, wrapping around me like a comforting embrace.

And as she leaned in for a hug, wrapping her arms around me, it was a reminder that she's not going anywhere.

I don't have to deal with things alone, not anymore.