Chapter 38

I'm sorry this took so long but my internet had been down the past few days and I wasn't able to publish anything. It's kinda short but enjoy xx

Keefe:

My eyes slowly opened, the bright lights almost too much for me.

I try to sit up but a sharp pain erupts in my side.

"Lay back down Keefe." Elwin came bustling over to me with a massive tray of exliers. "These should help."

"Thanks Elwin." I croaked out.

"Hey." I heard a voice say. My favourite voice.

I smile at Foster who had intertwined her fingers with mine, her head was wrapped up and I'm so relieved she's ok.

"How long was out?"

"Two days." Her eyes were flooded with relief as she squeezed my hand even tighter.

"Just great." I whine sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes at me playfully, wrapping her arms around my neck

"I'm so glad you're ok." I say softly, kissing her forehead softly.

She blushes at the affection. "I'm glad you're ok too, y'know me, always worrying."

"Drink those Keefe." Elwins shouts from the other room.

"Yeah yeah." I shouted back, but I really don't mind, I really love having Elwin in my life as a sort of father figure.

"Do you know what happened?"

"No..we still have no idea." Foster sighed.

I run my hands through my hair, nervously, they were freezing cold.

Foster laughed as she shook the snow out of my hair. "I almost forgot about that."

"I didn't." I sigh, my froster ability is the worst, whenever I feel stressed, upset or angry it starts acting up and I can't manage it as well as the others, which I almost immediately could control.

"Is Ro ok?" I ask, the realisation hitting me suddenly.

"She ok... she's at Elwins cleaning herself up a bit...you actually only woke up a little bit after she left."

"As long as she ok."

Foster smiles at me softly, making my heart flutter "I better call everyone to let them now your ok."

I'm so exhausted. These have been the most draining few weeks.

But once we fix this and I get my abilities under control I know that I can get through it.

Because I have have her.