Chapter 28

Sorry for the short chapter.

Sophie:

My hands were trembling as Keefe adjusted the microphone thing. He glanced at his sheet of paper, he wrote out what he was going to say so he wouldn't freeze.

"Come on Keefe." I whisper to myself.

"Before you start Keefe," Lord Cassius says desperately "You should understand I am still your father, I'm the only family you have left," a storm of anger swept over me, how dare he say that after everything he's done.

"You don't deserve any bit of sympathy from me. So don't pretend, don't manipulate me."

"Your throwing our family away boy!"

"What family?! Y'know what, fine!" Keefe took a shaky breath, his hands were clutching the sides of the podium, ice started to form, but he didn't even notice. He crumpled up his sheet of paper. "If you have to pretend that I'm the crappy person here so that you don't feel guilty for hurting me then fine! I'm not going to be the punching bag for your frustration anymore. I hope you get locked up for a very long time. And I hope you feel guilty for every last little thing you've ever done to me. We're done."

It took every last bit of my self restraint for me to not inflict on Lord Cassius when he started to laugh.

"We're done." Keefe repeated loudly, over his father's laughter.

"Are we though?"

🚨Keefe P.O.V🚨

The anger bubbled up inside of me, electricity coursing through my veins, the podium was starting to freeze. Shit.

I backed away quickly. All I could here was his laughter echoing around the room.

I close my eyes. Please make it stop. I covered my ears with my hands, I can't listen to this. With each breath it becomes harder to breathe.

"I LOVED YOU!" I screamed.

The silence was deafening.

It was windy. Was that me? I opened my eyes slowly the floor around me was frozen and icey. The electric feeling inside me was desperate to zap someone.

"Order please. Everyone calm down. Take a break please we'll sort this and get back to you on the final verdict."

Why did I agree to do this again?
Now everything is screwed up.

Now everyone knows.