Chapter 2

Keefe's P.O.V

The last thing thing I remember was the sweet smelling sedative before the world blacked out.

The battle had been going on for hours but wasn't going too bad, no major injuries for anyone but no sign of his mother either.

Which was very weird.

So when I woke up to my mother staring at me I wasn't exactly shocked.

But her eyes. Looking into mine. They gave me nightmares.
And it was like my nightmares were coming to life right now.

I was tied up in a remote place with only my mother.
No friends.
No foster.

Foster. Sophie frickin Foster.
I hadn't seen her since they kissed goodbye at Havenfield and it was killing me. But I take a deep breath forcing myself to snap out of it and meet my mother's eyes.

"Last chance Keefe...you can still change sides you know...it's not too late."

The nerve of her. "Never." I spit out.

"Very well then," she sighs "I was a fool to ever think you'd amount to anything, wasn't I?"

It still stung. And I hate that.
That she can still do this to me.

"We're going to fight Keefe...and I'm going to kill you..I'm not gonna pretend I'm not and I'm also not going to pretend I'm not going to enjoy it." She cackles, sending shivers down my spine.

"And if you think that your just going to use your ability I'd think twice," she pointed at a crown looking thing on her head "this blocks your ability," she laughs "just making it fair."

She walks over and unties me.
"This is going to be fun...and the best part is that I know when I walk out Vespera and my army will have taken down your sad little friends."

My heart starts pounding. I need to go help. I need to win this fight.

I'm going to finish this once and for all. Facing my biggest fear.

My mother.

Word count: 330 words