Chapter 23

Keefe P.O.V

I'm being questioned about my dad today, but after Foster and I made up yesterday, we talked and I think I can do it.

I take a deep breath before taking a step into the office. He is undeniably going down for this and the sooner I get it over with the better.

I face all the councillors and the questioning begins.

****Time skip cause I'm lazy****

"Alright Keefe. That's all we want to ask. We've decided his tribunal will be tomorrow at eleven and we will need you to be there to speak."

I just nod, getting out of there as fast as possible.

I leap to Havenfield, making my way up to Foster's room. I open the door. "Hey fosterrr, the love of your life has arrived."

Biana busts out laughing and my shocked expression when I see her on Sophie's bed. "She in the bathroom, dork."

"Idiot."

"Stupid."

"Nerd."

"Ugly."

"Smelly."

"Truce?"

"Yep."

I flop on fosters bed dramatically.
"How was it?" Biana asks carefully.

"Fine."

"Ok, liar."

"I'm offended."

"Good."

"I'm back bee." Foster raises an eyebrow at me. "No shoes on the bed."

I kick them off a dramatically as possible.

"How was it today?" Her voice was softer.

I shrug. "Fine." I can almost hear Biana roll her eyes.

She didn't push, but I know she will later.

"I'll let you guys talk, seen as we'll all be at the sleepover later."

"Sleepover?" I look at Foster questioningly.

"I was convinced."

Biana smirks at me as she sashays out the door. Typical.

All of a sudden a wave of dizziness washes over me, my head is pounding. I try to get up but it just made things worse. Everything is going fuzzy now, I have a strange, powerful feeling.

Then everything blacked out. The last thing I heard was Foster shouting my name.

I wanted to get out of the darkness, for her. But I can't.