13 November, 2023.

Today was yet another day of socializing.

Unlike yesterday, today I got dressed in a traditional outfit. It was a struggle to choose one tho, all of my clothes are tight now and I had to choose one that felt breathable for the day. I finally settled on a peach sleevless, deep necked but collared anarkali which ironically was tailored way too tight for me when we had a first gotten it stitched.

There was a Diwali Puja/celebration at dad's office today. I have been to his office only once since he joined his best friend in running the place around 7-8 year ago. It was around 3 years ago when they had a 'house warming' for a new office space they had expanded to. I had met a couple of employees back then, a few of which still remained. I had also worked with a few of them when I interned with the firm back in 2021.

My footwear tore right before getting into the office building and we tried fixing it ourselves but didn't really succeed.

We decided to ignore it for a while and entered the office. We met the employees, dad's partners, socialised a bit and then mom and I went and sat ourselves in dad's cabin and spoke for a bit.

After about 45 mins, we left for the restaurant. We were initially going to go to yet another buffet place but due to some last minute goof up, ended up going to a nearby veg restaurant. But before that, dad and I walked quite a bit to get my shoe repaired because it was getting increasingly difficult to walk in them.

The restaurant served a standard thali for everyone which included roti, pulav, 2 types of vegetables, 2 types of lentils and a gulab jamun.

After having that and socializing a bit more, we came back to the office building, took some pictures, played a round of housie and then left for home.

For dinner, I met yet another group - my bus stop gang. This time the restaurant was nearby so we could get ready and leave late. Even then we were one of the first ones to arrive. One by one, each family started pouring in until we became a big group of laughing, chatting individuals.

This time we had some drinks along with our food. But the 'kids' here wanted to have some more booze so we managed to leave the place by early somehow and visited a nearby pub. I'm actually surprised the parents didn't give us a hard time about it. My parents especially. Good for us, I guess!

So that's about it for today, spent time with two completely different set of groups but both of it adds on to my incredible visit back home. :)