11 November, 2023.

Look who came back home for Diwali this year?!

Yayay! As soon as I saw my hometown from the plane last night, I was so so happy, excited and relieved to be back. Last year, Diwali was the first time I had got the chance to get out of campus but the "off" wasn't long enough for me to come to my home town. My parents had come to visit me back then and we did have a really nice time together. But this time, I'll get to meet relatives and friends again and that just warms my heart. Besides, the atmosphere in college right now is suffocating. It has gradually become more intense and negative and just yesterday, all throughout my ride back home, I had one of the worst feelings I've had in my time at B School. So this visit is definitely something I need in order to forget about all things negative and focus on enjoying for once.

Today is dedicated to my extended maternal family.

I woke up at around 10 AM, got ready and left home within an hour. First stop was meeting granddad. He was very happy to see me and vice versa! I also met Uncle D and his wife and since this was just a short visit, we left within 45 mins.

All throughout the ride to my relatives', I decided to actively make it a point not to use my phone much and just enjoy my city while I'm here. As said before, this visit is a much MUCH needed break from the toxicity currently surrounding my life.

We reached their house, met and spoke to a lot of family peeps. We pre-boozed and chit-chatted for an hour before leaving for lunch. It was a buffet - apt for the number (and size) of our family members. The food was nice! We had chicken, prawns, fish, mutton sheek kebabs on the grill. And momos and corn as non grill starters. My appetite has increased now so I was able to take in a lot more food than before. As standard with buffets for me, I skipped the main course for their spread of desserts.

We spent a good 2 and a half hours there, chatting even more, taking pictures and just having fun in general. After we got done, we wished everyone goodbye and went to a far off mall because I needed clothes that could fit my bigger body🥲

We visited a total of 5 stores and I bought 2 jeans and 3 tops. My body has become uncomfortably bulkyyyyyy which made my confidence go down quite a bit.

It was around 8:30 PM when we left the mall. We came back home with no intention of having a full fledged dinner because we were still full from the heavy lunch.

Dad and I had a drinking session instead. We ate Diwali snacks along with our regular drink accompaniments and watched 3/4th of this movie called Dream Girl.

I just got off a video call with Vera. She told me all the chutiyap that's going on there, for her personally as well. Hang in there buddy, it'll get better.

On the other hand....

IT'S SO RELAXING TO BE AWAY FROM IT ALLLLL