4th June, 2023.

We had a very early start to the day today. First of all, we had some good breakfast at the hotel, as customary. We rented a cab for the day and left for our exploration. The first destination for the day was the zoo.

It was a big zoo where we saw rhinos, giraffes, ostrich, cheetah, deers, multiple multi-coloured birds among other species. We spent a good 2 hours there covering the entire area.

Then we visited Chamundi hills which houses the Mahadeshwar temple. However, since there was a massive crowd, we had no choice but to take darshan from outside itself, and pray that we don't get swept up by the people around and separate.

Next we went to a sand museum and saw beautiful sculptures made of sand. Thereafter, mom felt tired so dad and I visited a place where 3 rivers merged and a tomb.

For lunch, our driver wanted to take us to a popular joint but I guess the place was so popular that the waiting time went up to 2 hours! That's insane! Foodwise, we've had very last minute decisions so far.

We finally decided to go a Parsi looking restaurant and had some really nice Chettinad food! The place felt homely and the staff (which I think were all members of one family) was very sweet.

Post lunch, we visited the great Mysore Palace which was really majestic! Despite the crowd, there was enough space to move around and see all there was for the palace to offer. After promising to come back for lighting in the evening, we headed to St. Philomena Cathedral (which also had a good structure) and then came back to the room.

Even though we had covered a lot by this time, it was still daytime. At the hotel, I got myself a very interesting fish foot spa. It was a good one time experience.

Once it got dark, we headed out yet again to witness the majestic Mysore Palace with all it's grandeur. It looked 10x better with lights! IT WAS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! The entire place was lit up and there were lights everywhere. I wanted to soak in my surroundings well so I just sat down in the middle of the ground to do just that.

We then visited a big Hanuman mandir that put up a really nice light show, showcasing Hanuman's life story.

For dinner, our driver took us to a shady biryani place. Since we had no idea about the place around, we had no option but to fill our stomachs there.