8 August, 2021.

I unexpectedly started stanning THE BOYZ this year and now we've reached my first comeback with them! I've never been this excited for a comeback in SO LONG!

Even though they caught my attention due to their hard hitting songs/performances, I was quickly convinced that these guys can rock a bright concept too. And that is what we're getting now.

Ever since their company announced they were going to have a comeback in Aug, the boys at multiple occasions have hinted that this will be a fresh concept with high energy. Now that their teasers are out, I can agree.

And their teasers have been really creative. We had the traditional concept photos all right, but on 1 Aug, they came out with this "THRILL RIDE Announcement" video which is exactly what the title suggests - it's an announcement! The boys are seen goofing around on a ride while Q, Sunwoo and New are giving a commentary welcoming everyone on board and giving instructions as to what they should and shouldn't do on the ride. The entire announcement seems like a pun in the sense that they're not only describing how the ride is going to go but also how THRILL-RIDE, their comeback song and video will be! That's genius! So creative!

They also came out with character posters for each member which I found really interesting. Q, Sunwoo, New and Sangyeon's character is working at a restaurant, Juyeon, Hyunjae, Kevin and Eric are life guards while Younghoon, Haknyeon and Jacob are bell boys. The character dialogues seem to be low-key flirty.

I was really confused with the concept when the album name + scheduler or even the first set of teaser pics came out but after each new piece of content they released, their concept become that much more definitive. Their company has really thought this through.

The MV teaser came out 3 days ago and as it turns out, that fun background in their announcement video was the instrumental for their title track! I'm so happy cause the beats as well as the jingle is SO CATCHY! And I found the music in the MV Teaser even more catchy! The choreography is catchy too! I'm just so surprised how much I liked the song so far!

Their highlight medley came out 2 days back and here are the songs on this mini album :

1. THRILL RIDE
2. Out of Control
3. Dancing Till We Drop
4. Nightmares
5. Merry Bad Ending
6. B.O.Y (Bet On You)

Coming to their Title track, I have watched a lot of TBZ content +listened to so many of their songs now that I thought I'd easily recognise their voices. But nope, this IZ*ONE Fiesta all over again.

I'll list down which members do I think sang in the highlight medley and let's see if we're correct.

Line 1 - All members, Sunwoo leading
Line 2 - Hyunjae
Line 3 - All members, Q leading
Line 4 - Hyunjae
Line 5 - All members,
Line 6 - Hyunjae
Line 7 - Sangyeon
Line 8 - All members
Line 9 - Q