15 April, 2021.

Since (MNET) Kingdom's second episode only showed 3 of the group's performances, I decided to give my ranking only after all the groups performed in Ep. 3.

First of all, in Ep.2, we got to know the actual rankings for the Intro stage round and they are :

1. Stray Kidz
2. THE BOYZ
3. BTOB
4. SF9
5. ATEEZ
6. iKon

Even though I do not agree with these rankings and I really loved iKon's performance, I'm just relieved that THE BOYZ (from hereon used interchangeably with TBZ) got the 2nd place. They have one of the smallest overall fandom amongst the participating groups but I can tell that their stint on Road to Kingdom has definitely got them some loyal fans who are aware of how voting works.

And streaming too. All RTK videos (and TBZ in specific) have 2-3 million views but this is over a a period 6-12 months. As compared to that, TBZ have gotten 2 mil views in just a week! Stray Kidz and iKON's view count definitely add to Deobi's motivation cause these two groups are monsters when it comes to grabbing views.

Obviously, all of this comes secondary to the actual performance from the boys. Personal bias aside, that performance was just so memorable! The entire act was engaging from beginning to the end and the execution was just too good and crisp!

Anyways, moving on to the first round. Here is my ranking :

1. Stray Kidz
2. ATEEZ
3. TBZ
4. BTOB
5. SF9
6. iKon

The only thing I'd like to highlight here is that you would think that BTOB is at a disadvantage cause they are not a performance orientated group but their popularity amongst the competing groups and audience is no joke. If they don't end up winning the competition, I definitely see them getting the 3rd place overall because the respect for their position in the KPOP industry is just too high and can factor in when the competing groups rank their rivals. Plus, the fans' strategy to avoid voting for their fav group's direct competition can also lead to BTOB getting some more votes.

Actual ranking after Expert + Self Evaluation :

1. ATEEZ
2. Stray Kidz
3. TBZ
4. BTOB
5. iKon
6. SF9

This is a temporary voting that may or may not change after they also consider the fan based views and votes.

Also, I won't be ranking Kingdom's solo stage performance on MCountdown but my favourite segment was hands down SF9's Taeyang!!